Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Something to discuss whilst high

Macky Guest

Default Something to discuss whilst high

We all love a stoner conversation, sometime even a healthy debate. Best to steer clear of religion and politics of course.

I'm talking about those philosophical questions that really have no answer. What's your favourite topic?

Let's discuss this:

Artificial intelligence, is it going to be a good thing for us, or will it be bad.

Give reason, back up your arguments rationally and respectfully.

Also, rule number one, that is more important than any other rule!!! You can only have your say, if you're high!! Smoke a reefa, and get typing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18), M_C (07-03-18), WF420 (07-03-18)

Macky Guest

My take: it's gonna be awesome.... Maybe.

First off, there is going to be some initial teething pains. A lot of jobs will be lost, and for the first time in our existence, we will not be the smartest thing on the planet.

The initial stages are going to be so important, and that's what will make the difference. If we lose control of it, we are fucked. If it is self replicating, and writes it's own language ( which it will) which we can't edit, then we are screwed and we would have to Emp everything lol

But if it works out, things are gonna be epic. Answers to problems we didn't even know we had, infrastructure that's more efficient than we can possibly imagine. Once we hit that singularity, and a machine is smarter than us, it will make machines smarter than itself, and so on.

The main thing that scares me about it is privatised AI. Made specifically to make profits for a company. And that is it's only goal. With the internet of things always growing, we just don't know what these machine will be able control in the future. Say self driving cars for BMW, or ford, ford AI hacks all of bmws automated cars an crashes them all! BMW will be seen as unsafe, and people will buy ford instead, well done AI.

As you can tell, I followed the number one rule and I'm high as fuk and blabbering, and realising, I actually don't know how I feel about AI lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18)

Guest Guest

It’s power would me truly unimaginable, once AI goes live it is capable of twenty thousand years of progress in the space of a week.
    The first country to develop it basically wins at everything, forever.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    It’s power would me truly unimaginable, once AI goes live it is capable of twenty thousand years of progress in the space of a week.
    The first country to develop it basically wins at everything, forever.

For sure!! You seen the AI combat plane simulators? They take down pilots that have flown for over 30 years without getting a scratch. Let's hope china don't get there first. They're doing well in that feild

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18)

Guest Guest

Yeah I saw a conference on those, truly amazing technology.

Tbh apart from a few hours of Sam Harris here and there, I don’t pay much attention to ai progress.

Literally every expert has a different vision of how it will pan out. Positive or negative, sentient or not. It’s an exciting subject for sure but so vast. One things certain, it will be the most important invention ever.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

BB (07-03-18), British green (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

BB (07-03-18), British green (07-03-18), Flyingscotsman (13-03-18), WF420 (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    Yeah I saw a conference on those, truly amazing technology.

Tbh apart from a few hours of Sam Harris here and there, I don’t pay much attention to ai progress.

Literally every expert has a different vision of how it will pan out. Positive or negative, sentient or not. It’s an exciting subject for sure but so vast. One things certain, it will be the most important invention ever.

Self sustaining energy would be the most important invention imo

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18), M_C (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Self sustaining energy would be the most important invention imo

you just want the advancement on A.I for you own chunky sex doll

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

BB (07-03-18), British green (07-03-18), Greenster6969 (13-03-18), lipnobody (12-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    you just want the advancement on A.I for you own chunky sex doll
    Bumbaclarrrt 😂😂😂😂.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18), joker_the_smoker (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

The whole existence of man comes down to us working together and as A.I starts to take over the world and try’s to defeat our existence we will work together and uprise out of the ashes and switch off there electricity supply 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

20. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (07-03-18)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast