Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Smelling

Thanks

Default Smelling

Hi people hope all is good with every one
    Had my step daughter around today with new grand child and she could smell green when she walked in , I’m just over half way through flower venting with a new carbon filter (in tent ) with a 5” rhino fan insulated ducting and silencer , I’m venting in to hall way at top of stairs (I know not ideal ) I will be venting into loft on next one , but this has now got me worried if I vent into loft people out side might smell it , would it work if I put anouther carbon filter on the end so suck through one then blow out the other or would this put to much strain on the fan , I have fans on ecothecnics controller or is there any other way to mask the smell

Macky Guest

If you vent it out of the loft, and through the chimney or extraction pipe of some kind, then it'll be too high for people to really smell it. And if they did it would be hard to tell where it was coming from. You don't just want to vent into the loft, as it'll heat the whole place up and it'll look dodgy if the choppers see it, or your house is the only house on the street with no frost on the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Langers (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Let's have some details mate... all I know is that you have a 5" rhino fan, a Ecotechnics controller & some sort of carbon filter
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Langers (07-03-18)

Thanks

I would have to run the ducting across to the soffit or get a vent tile fitted as chimney is active I’m running on a led so the temps aren’t to bad will have to look in to vent tile to get it up abit higher

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Let's have some details mate... all I know is that you have a 5" rhino fan, a Ecotechnics controller & some sort of carbon filter
    Running a 1.2 tent amazon 8 pot aero system 4” intake pulling air in from hall way , 4 clip on fans circulating , budmaster xg 16 then rhino fan pulling air through a 5” rhino pro filter witch is hung in tent venting out just by the door to room , the plants are on week 7 since light change feeding general hydroponics with a ec of about 1.2 and ph of 5.8- 6.3

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Langers For This Useful Post:

M_C (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Is a 5" extraction fan suitable for a 1.2 tent? (I honestly don't know!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Langers (07-03-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Check your filters airflow rating. Sounds like ya may have a fan too powerful for your filter

That would be first thing as ya don't wanna buy a second under capacity filter buddy

🌱 current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165966

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

Langers (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Langers (07-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Is a 5" extraction fan suitable for a 1.2 tent? (I honestly don't know!)
    According to the shop that I normally go it is M_C

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Langers For This Useful Post:

M_C (07-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMOGreen View Post
    Check your filters airflow rating. Sounds like ya may have a fan too powerful for your filter

That would be first thing as ya don't wanna buy a second under capacity filter buddy

�� current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165966
    Just checked the fan and filter out filter is good to 500 mtr3 per hour and and fan is good to 420 mtr3 per hour recommended for tent is 190 mtr3 per hour 1.2 x1.2 x2.2 then multiply by 60 that’s how I’ve been told to work it out hope that is right

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Langers For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast