Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Curing with Granny Smith!!

Macky Guest

Just as the sticks start snapping, it means nearly all the moisture has left the bud. But there is still a bit in the centre that hasn't escaped. This is when they go into jars. Being in jar stop the moisture escaping, so it will disperse evenly back around the bud. Then, when you burp the jars for ten mins a day, a bit of moisture escapes each time. Giving more air for the buds to evaporate more water from the middle. Cure for a couple of weeks like this and your buds will be amazing. It's a lon and patient process. But it takes months to grow weed. Don't rush te last couple of weeks, and ruin all your hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    I am drying my buds in the tent now. Hanging down below near the floor away from extractor fan and an oscilating fan working not blowing directly at the buds. Keeping temp at 20C and rh at around 50.
    I want to ask what is the reason I should not dry the buds in the tent?
    Yours will dry too quickly at 20c mate. Try and get it a bit colder. The warmer it is the quicker the moisture evaporates from the buds.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

JamesJoyce (08-03-18)

Macky Guest

Default Curing with Granny Smith!!

But hold on, don't forget, there are many ways to skin a cat! This is just the way I do it, because I've read shit by smart guys, who do this thing well, and that's how they do it lol. But each to their own. Some are happy to speed dry that shit in days. Up to you in the end, but I like a good clean tasty smoke

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    They'll dry too quickly. The moisture in the buds, seep through the bud, to the surface, where it evaporates in to air. In your tent, all that moisture will be sucked out pretty quickly as the air changes quickly. In a bigger room, the air will be sucked out less, as there is moe of it, so the moisture will evaporate slower

The longer you can keep the moisture in the bud the better. It's needed to break down all the sugars, like clorophyll, to give you a nice smooth smoke, and heightens terpenes for the flavour

How about if I let the rh level stay higher like 60-65? Would that change a thing do you think? Because I have no grow room for the operation...
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

Macky Guest

Nah mate too high. 30% is perfect if you can get it there. 15c, and 30%:

To high humidity and you risk mould or bud rot

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

JamesJoyce (08-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    i have always been under the impression you cant rehydrate bud properly once its dried, yea you could wet it but is that gona be the same??
    I’ve done it a few times and the buds with draw the moisture back in and will soften them slightly. I had to do this back in a the day to make sure things weighed what they was supposed too 😂 it’s not the best thing to do and drying properly can’t be beaten but as a last ditched attempt of saving it , it will work fine 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

9. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (08-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    How about if I let the rh level stay higher like 60-65? Would that change a thing do you think? Because I have no grow room for the operation...
    Find chew’s guide to drying and curing. You won’t go wrong following this and just look in his signature to find it 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

Macky Guest

There is always water curing lol. But I think that's some extreme shit man. Put the buds in a pair of tights, so you don't lose anything, and put them in a bowl of water and then hang them and let them dry again. There is a YouTube video out there on it. Never done it myself, but it's doable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    They'll dry too quickly. The moisture in the buds, seep through the bud, to the surface, where it evaporates in to air. In your tent, all that moisture will be sucked out pretty quickly as the air changes quickly. In a bigger room, the air will be sucked out less, as there is moe of it, so the moisture will evaporate slower

The longer you can keep the moisture in the bud the better. It's needed to break down all the sugars, like clorophyll, to give you a nice smooth smoke, and heightens terpenes for the flavour

Couldn't you put the exhaust on a timer to help with that? I ask because I intend to dry in my tent for stealth reasons and would rather sort out the details beforehand if possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2