Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wind noise.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by _teapot_ View Post
    I’ve always wondered if the proper metal ducting might help with this?
    I think it would certainly cut down on drag so probably more efficient, but without muffling the exhaust or slowing the wind speed I imagine it would be louder on the exit (tho you'd eliminate rustling ducts using solid pipes). I'm still a newbie most of my advice is theoretical based on info I've gathered on other posts here... tho I have just spent a week making an overboard soundproof box for the fan... only to discover the fans fairly quiet once all the ducting and CF is attached. Scrapping the box as it's going to take up too much space. Instead I'm downgrading the fan to a weaker one and adding oversized phonotrap ducting to see if that solves it.

Sorry... baked so may have gone on a tangent...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

best way to gain peace n quiet from ducting ive found is to have the filter on the out-end ,not inside the tent,almost completely silent then, no wind noise at all.
    coupled to my box fan i have to keep checking its going.
    Last edited by ggotch; 11-06-18 at 03:02 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18), Valentina (27-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    best way to gain peace n quiet from ducting ive found is to have the filter on the out-end ,not inside the tent,almost completely silent then, no wind noise at all.
    coupled to my box fan i have to keep checking its going.
    The only concern I'd have doing it that way is if I accidentally ripped a bit of the duct releasing all the smells before it gets to the filter. It also makes the prefilter obsolete I think. But cool if it reduces the noise

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18), ggotch (11-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

yeah it does have to done in a moment of pure concentration while wearing thick gloves lol,but a couple of grows back i had to swap out a dead filter and it was much more chaos,having to be inside tent to do it.stink got out really bad then.

this time i decided to have the filter outside just to cover my arse if a filter died again and tent was packed with flowering plants,then by accident i noticed everything had become very very quiet as well.
    perhaps try it before starting your next grow

edit:my duct from tent to boxfan is 6" plastic guttering,a single bend straight to the fan.works very well but you have to cover the duct as light permeates through it.
    Last edited by ggotch; 11-06-18 at 09:16 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18), Silkadin (12-06-18)

Thanks

use silencer with fan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to baxbax For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2