Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ecotechnics controller

Thanks

Default Ecotechnics controller

Good evening gents, wonder if someone could give me any help. When I connect my intake or extract fan to my controller the blue light flashes to show that my fan is working but there is no movement with my fan. I’ve checked voltage to my fan with a voltage pen and there’s power getting to it. I’ve also stuck a plug on the end of my fan to check that works and it’s fine. I’ve set temperature humidity and and everything so fans would kick in and still nothing. It’s got me baffled. Any other ideas lads ??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Garfman1984 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (09-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Garfman1984 View Post
    Good evening gents, wonder if someone could give me any help. When I connect my intake or extract fan to my controller the blue light flashes to show that my fan is working but there is no movement with my fan. I’ve checked voltage to my fan with a voltage pen and there’s power getting to it. I’ve also stuck a plug on the end of my fan to check that works and it’s fine. I’ve set temperature humidity and and everything so fans would kick in and still nothing. It’s got me baffled. Any other ideas lads ??
    Hello bud, I know you said you set the temp and humidity. Did you set the fan speed too? Hold down fan button and press temp to raise the fan speed?

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Garfman1984 (09-03-18)

Thanks

cheers for reply, I’ve done that also mate got min / max set at 85 and 100 so it would kick in but nothing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Garfman1984 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (09-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Have you tried overriding the temp /humidity? If ure environment is below the parameters uve set then the fans won't kick in. I've had to override humidity for instance as mine is always low this time of year.

Can't remember exactly but think you have to switch it off then power up with humidity and up button pressed at same time (or something like that). Will then overide so the fan 's kick in. Check the manual tho...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

Garfman1984 (09-03-18), Ironman (09-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

cheers for reply, I’ve done that also mate got min / max set at 85 and 100 so it would kick in but nothing.
    Strange one that then mate. Not sure what to suggest, maybe @Jokerthesmoker could pop in and see if he can shed any light on it.😉

Was it brand new or re conditioned?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Garfman1984 (09-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Strange one that then mate. Not sure what to suggest, maybe @Jokerthesmoker could pop in and see if he can shed any light on it.��

Was it brand new or re conditioned?

It’s a cpl of year old mate not been used for a year or so but it was working a week ago when I plugged a fan up as a test run which is why it’s strange. Hopefully joker pops in mate cheers anyways

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Garfman1984 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (09-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasfreek View Post
    Have you tried overriding the temp /humidity? If ure environment is below the parameters uve set then the fans won't kick in. I've had to override humidity for instance as mine is always low this time of year.

Can't remember exactly but think you have to switch it off then power up with humidity and up button pressed at same time (or something like that). Will then overide so the fan 's kick in. Check the manual tho...
    I’ll give this a go now mate and let you know the outcome. Cheers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Garfman1984 For This Useful Post:

Phineasfreek (09-03-18)

Thanks

Tried and nothing mate, a code comes up and some like hy5 then nothing happens. Doing my head in it is especially when it was working g a week or so ago

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Garfman1984 For This Useful Post:

Phineasfreek (09-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Tried and nothing mate, a code comes up and some like hy5 then nothing happens. Doing my head in it is especially when it was working g a week or so ago
    Yer, you'll get the code first. You might have to override both humidity and temp, so essentially the same process; switch the unit off then hold down min/max and temp and then power it up. Then the heaters will work independently of the humidity and the fans should also work independently.

Have you flashed the bios/software to the most recent version? Mine stopped working after my last grow - I was about to buy a new unit but contacted their customer service and they fixed mine for free and updated the software in the process. Works like a dream again. They have a rep on this site somewhere - he should be able to help. If you still have no joy, pm me and I'll send you the email of the fella who fixed mine.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

Garfman1984 (09-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

20. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Garfman1984 (09-03-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast