Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What size air pots should I buy?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Ey up machi. I've used fabrics twice and now airpots twice. And imho airpots win hands down, but as said it's each to there own. I'm using 15l airpots with a couple litres of clay pebbles in the bottoms so I only had to buy 1 bag of coco.
    I had to cut my plants out of them fabric pots when I potted up, the roots were proper stuck to the fabric like Velcro.
    Also once the grow it over, airpots are as simple as undo the screws, whip out the root ball and bobs your uncle. Trying to remove all the roots from a fabric pot...no chance. I binned them and never looked back 👍
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

toblue (11-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

Id choose pot size with room size and lights being used...I’ve grown in 15ltr 20ltr and 50lt my pot of choice would be 20

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

I am currently growing 8 in 20ltr pots in coco with decent run off they get 50ltr between them every watering

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

toblue (12-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    Ey up machi. I've used fabrics twice and now airpots twice. And imho airpots win hands down, but as said it's each to there own. I'm using 15l airpots with a couple litres of clay pebbles in the bottoms so I only had to buy 1 bag of coco.
    I had to cut my plants out of them fabric pots when I potted up, the roots were proper stuck to the fabric like Velcro.
    Also once the grow it over, airpots are as simple as undo the screws, whip out the root ball and bobs your uncle. Trying to remove all the roots from a fabric pot...no chance. I binned them and never looked back ��
    Nice post Farmshop, it is everyone to their own. I do actually veg/grow in small airpots because it spreads the roots in a nice direction, I then then pot up into fabric. I have just changed from 16l airpots, I like the 8l fabric crammed full of roots and rock hard. It seems to be working well, I can get run off with just over half a litre in small pots, but you need to feed multiple times each day.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

8. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (11-03-18)

Chew Guest

I’ve gone the other way. I’ve always grown 15 litre pots but 4 in a 1.2 tent becomes too cramped for my liking. Light penetration and good air flow can an issue. I’ve got two in 10 litre pots. Smaller plants but much more light getting through.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Sadface (11-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Well Chew 10 l isn't much more than 8l. My problem has been salt build up in the past. i am now big into testing ec runoff and I am finding with small pots I can run maybe 1l through first thing and get good run off, then feed 0.5l every 3 hours with just drip run off. I like my runoff to be slightly less than I a putting in.

Look, I am learning with every grow I do so It all changes and I don't mind posting my experiences on this forum if it helps other growers. i don't stand still and do the same thing every grow. Things are changing so fast in this canna growing world if you didn't change and research you wouldn't get any better.

I now feed at 1.1 ec uppiung to 1.2 during flower 0.0 background.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    I’ve gone the other way. I’ve always grown 15 litre pots but 4 in a 1.2 tent becomes too cramped for my liking. Light penetration and good air flow can an issue. I’ve got two in 10 litre pots. Smaller plants but much more light getting through.
    Yeah seen a few people drop in size chew and had the sane results if not better. I don't think I would go up to 20l litre sadface, not for my veg length anyway. Normally only about 3/4 week 👍

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

Sadface (11-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Well Chew 10 l isn't much more than 8l. My problem has been salt build up in the past. i am now big into testing ec runoff and I am finding with small pots I can run maybe 1l through first thing and get good run off, then feed 0.5l every 3 hours with just drip run off. I like my runoff to be slightly less than I a putting in.

Look, I am learning with every grow I do so It all changes and I don't mind posting my experiences on this forum if it helps other growers. i don't stand still and do the same thing every grow. Things are changing so fast in this canna growing world if you didn't change and research you wouldn't get any better.

I now feed at 1.1 ec uppiung to 1.2 during flower 0.0 background.
    Dunno how to take that toblue. I might be reading it wrong but sounds abit snappy towards chew.
    I found salt build up the same in fabrics lad. It must be the material holds on to it more than a plastic pot/airpot.
    I try not to take too much notice to run off numbers otherwise it takes over and your forever chasing. If your putting enough through at the correct e.c and ph you shouldn't have any problems.

Macky Guest

I don't intend for these girls to get massive, I have 7 in 1.2x1.2 m tent. I'm thinking 8 should be enough? 7.5 seems too small, 8 or nine. Thinking nine would be the best as 8 would probably be ok, so give that extra but of room? It's a tought choice. Usually I'd go to 15l here, but I'd only have four plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    Dunno how to take that toblue. I might be reading it wrong but sounds abit snappy towards chew.
    I found salt build up the same in fabrics lad. It must be the material holds on to it more than a plastic pot/airpot.
    I try not to take too much notice to run off numbers otherwise it takes over and your forever chasing. If your putting enough through at the correct e.c and ph you shouldn't have any problems.
    That was my thought too!

Anyway, i normally grow big plants, then chop half off and bin it! Haha! Seem pointless so that why I dropped in size. I reckon I’ll have as much good bud as off the normal bigger plants

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (11-03-18)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast