Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Odor Control

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Default Odor Control

So my question to everyone is-

Have you used the ONA odour products inline with your ducting system/extraction to get rid of any smell that passes thought a carbon filter?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    So my question to everyone is-

Have you used the ONA odour products inline with your ducting system/extraction to get rid of any smell that passes thought a carbon filter?
    If you use it inline with your extraction it just makes for air stink of product. I've tried 2 or 3, the linen is almost passable but for me it just made you think "what's that strong smell?".

Where is the smell coming from?

If your ducting is sealed properly and you have negative pressure then you shouldn't have any smell. How olds your filter and what one is it?

Sent from Thames Iron Works.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

BB (13-03-18), British green (13-03-18), M_C (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    If you use it inline with your extraction it just makes for air stink of product. I've tried 2 or 3, the linen is almost passable but for me it just made you think "what's that strong smell?".

Where is the smell coming from?

If your ducting is sealed properly and you have negative pressure then you shouldn't have any smell. How olds your filter and what one is it?

Sent from Thames Iron Works.
    Totally agree with that mate.even though it’s a nice smell it does make you think why is it there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

British green (13-03-18), Ironman (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Default Odor Control

I mean.its like walking down an ally stinking of fresh linen and thinking!!maaaan there’s no way that 6ft dread in that house is into laundry that much 😂😂😂

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

AND (13-03-18), British green (13-03-18), Cooky2992 (13-03-18), GreenFingers321 (12-05-18), Ironman (13-03-18), M_C (13-03-18)

Thanks

My extraction set up is more than enough i was just asking the question to see if anyone has used them and thoughts on them

Ive got a carbo Air 100mm 10" filter with a systemair revolution Silent pulling the air out used with the G.A.S controller and balancer to give me constant negative pressure at any speed

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

BB (13-03-18), Ironman (13-03-18)

Thanks

In the next couple of weeks im planning on having it all vented down the S*** pipe anyways

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,667 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I mean.its like walking down an ally stinking of fresh linen and thinking!!maaaan there’s no way that 6ft dread in that house is into laundry that much 😂😂😂

I heard you love the washing 😂😂😂👍🏿

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cooky2992 For This Useful Post:

BB (13-03-18), Done420 (13-03-18), GreenFingers321 (12-05-18), Ironman (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    In the next couple of weeks im planning on having it all vented down the S*** pipe anyways
    If by that you mean Soil stack, not a good idea unless its open vented and not with an Air admitance valve. Anything connected to it on small bore pipe i.e bath, shower, basin will have your extracted air trying to push back through the traps

If you didnt mean that, then ignore the above

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Cooky2992 (13-03-18), Done420 (13-03-18), Ironman (13-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    If by that you mean Soil stack, not a good idea unless its open vented and not with an Air admitance valve. Anything connected to it on small bore pipe i.e bath, shower, basin will have your extracted air trying to push back through the traps

Well im glad i asked this question as what you just said i wasnt aware of, the soil stack in my bathroom has one of them valves on as its internal and doesnt vent outside...i just assumed the air would be forced down the 4" stack down and out :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post

If the Stack was open vented at the top can the Air flow down it ok ? like if air is being forced down the pipe 24/7 then no smell would come up into the loft if i left it open ?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Cooky2992 (13-03-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast