Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Odor Control

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,667 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    If the Stack was open vented at the top can the Air flow down it ok ? like if air is being forced down the pipe 24/7 then no smell would come up into the loft if i left it open ?
    Don't get what you mean by that mate?? You should definitely have an open vented stack anyways people using aav's in place of an open vent is just wrong.. .. trying to get a picture of what you mean if you vent into the stack your asking for trouble imo cause you'll be blowing traps out an ya house will stink.....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,667 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    If by that you mean Soil stack, not a good idea unless its open vented and not with an Air admitance valve. Anything connected to it on small bore pipe i.e bath, shower, basin will have your extracted air trying to push back through the traps

If you didnt mean that, then ignore the above
    Pretty much what you said hah.. sorry bud I thanked your post then pretty much said what you had already said 😂👍🏿

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky2992 View Post
    Don't get what you mean by that mate?? You should definitely have an open vented stack anyways people using aav's in place of an open vent is just wrong.. .. trying to get a picture of what you mean if you vent into the stack your asking for trouble imo cause you'll be blowing traps out an ya house will stink.....
    In my en suite the soil stack in boxed in and when i looked at the top is one of them valves, i assume they put one of them in due to it all being internal and not going out of the side to the front of the house.

I just thought Air would go past the the rest of the pipework and straight down, there is the toilet sink and shower all going into the stack thats it.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Just buy a decent carbon filter. Ona blocks stink to high heaven and will have everyone who’s in know knowing what you are doing and as far blowing air down the stack it’s got nowhere to go other than upwards or out of your traps as you still have a u bend somewhere at the bottom and I dare state the obvious warm air travels upward. It’s got nowhere to go . Buy a carbon filter and be done with it

Sent from a green and pleasant land

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Just buy a decent carbon filter. Ona blocks stink to high heaven and will have everyone who’s in know knowing what you are doing and as far blowing air down the stack it’s got nowhere to go other than upwards or out of your traps as you still have a u bend somewhere at the bottom and I dare state the obvious warm air travels upward. It’s got nowhere to go . Buy a carbon filter and be done with it

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    The original thread was about just using the ONA and from what was said at the start made me think yeah i get that it be more of a what is that smell kinda thing so decided not to go that route.

Ive got a Carbon filter i was just wanting to vent the air some place and one guy at a grow shop said throwing it down the soil stack could be done. Obviously not

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

British green (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

I used one while back wen filter was on way out.so went with one but it flys thru those smell blocks fast. Like said be carefully wa smelly u choose. Think ther some natural ones cnt remeber tbh.
    All about the filter tho tbh. Ona can cum in handy on chop day tho

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Done420 (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

If the Stack was open vented at the top can the Air flow down it ok ? like if air is being forced down the pipe 24/7 then no smell would come up into the loft if i left it open ?
    If it were open, the air would pick the easiest route so up and out. You could probably change the aav for a 5" carbon filter and continue with the way you want but IMO not worth the hassle, just get a decent carbon filter on your extraction as said.

AAV is there to stop smell getting out without the hassle of penetrating roof, in newer builds, but lets air in when flushing toilet, emptying bath etc otherwise it would suck all the water from your sink and bath traps, house would soon smell and be full of airborne bacteria
    Last edited by AND; 14-03-18 at 06:35 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Done420 (14-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    If it were open, the air would pick the easiest route so up and out. You could probably change the aav for a 5" carbon filter and continue with the way you want but IMO not worth the hassle, just get a decent carbon filter on your extraction as said.

AAV is there to stop smell getting out without the hassle of penetrating roof, in newer builds, but lets air in when flushing toilet, emptying bath etc otherwise it would suck all the water from your sink and bath traps, house would soon smell and be full of airborne bacteria
    Thanks for the info matey you have stopped me from making a complete balls up of things lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Thanks for the info matey you have stopped me from making a complete balls up of things lol
    No problem mate, ive had enough info from the guys on here. I like to give back if I can

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Done420 (14-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    If you use it inline with your extraction it just makes for air stink of product. I've tried 2 or 3, the linen is almost passable but for me it just made you think "what's that strong smell?".

Where is the smell coming from?

If your ducting is sealed properly and you have negative pressure then you shouldn't have any smell. How olds your filter and what one is it?

Sent from Thames Iron Works.
    What is negative pressure in a grow tent thanks

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mull420canna For This Useful Post:

British green (19-03-18), Ironman (19-03-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast