Thread: My first grow in a tent

Thanks

Default My first grow in a tent

Hello guys, i have finally purchased the basic equipment, i have set everything up and i have germinated the seeds, now i'm waiting for them to sprout.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it safe to keep the ballast in the tent( 600w dual spectrum hps in a 1x1x1.8 m tent ) ?
    2. I do not have an intake fan and the suck the outtake creates is pretty obvious as it is sucking the tent in a bit, can i ballance it out by leaving the " door" open a bit or leaving the passive air thingy open ? If i do that there is still a bit of " sucking " going on but i wanna know if the girls are gonna be ok... ( an intake fan is definitely out of the equation for me right know, i cannot aquire one )
    Also if i leave the " door " and/ or the passive intake open, does rhis pose a greater risk of smells?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-K420 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Quote Originally Posted by medwiz88 View Post
    Hello guys, i have finally purchased the basic equipment, i have set everything up and i have germinated the seeds, now i'm waiting for them to sprout.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it safe to keep the ballast in the tent( 600w dual spectrum hps in a 1x1x1.8 m tent ) ?
    2. I do not have an intake fan and the suck the outtake creates is pretty obvious as it is sucking the tent in a bit, can i ballance it out by leaving the " door" open a bit or leaving the passive air thingy open ? If i do that there is still a bit of " sucking " going on but i wanna know if the girls are gonna be ok... ( an intake fan is definitely out of the equation for me right know, i cannot aquire one )
    Also if i leave the " door " and/ or the passive intake open, does rhis pose a greater risk of smells?

Thanks

I would keep the ballast outside of the tent. Keep any electrical connections outside of the tent. Remember how much water you will be using.... and electricity and water............ tents have places for cords, use em..

Negetive pressure is a good thing, that means that any air that is leaving will be going through a filter. I am guessing you dont have a filter, so negetive pressue will still help you with your temp and environment control. Growing weed stinks, so if you are not ready to handle the stink, and dont have the luxury of not caring, then you need to be ready to have to run a filter once flowering starts. Dont be a fool and get popped cause you got cheap on smell.........
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

medwiz88 (14-03-18), Peanut butter (15-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    I would keep the ballast outside of the tent. Keep any electrical connections outside of the tent. Remember how much water you will be using.... and electricity and water............ tents have places for cords, use em..

Negetive pressure is a good thing, that means that any air that is leaving will be going through a filter. I am guessing you dont have a filter, so negetive pressue will still help you with your temp and environment control. Growing weed stinks, so if you are not ready to handle the stink, and dont have the luxury of not caring, then you need to be ready to have to run a filter once flowering starts. Dont be a fool and get popped cause you got cheap on smell.........
    There are ways to make a filter, if it comes down to it. a lil activated carbon and some ingenuity and you will be good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

medwiz88 (14-03-18)

Thanks

Thanks guys, but i have a filter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to medwiz88 For This Useful Post:

MR B-loom (14-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

I've never run a intake fan just stick a bit of ducting through one of the socks at the bottom of the tent to stop light getting in or out and put it by the window to draw fresh air in, as long as you keep negative pressure and ya filters upto scratch you should fine with smell 👍👍

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MR B-loom For This Useful Post:

medwiz88 (14-03-18)

Thanks

Thank you all, another thing, after i have germinated and planted the seedlings with the little root, sprayed water and all, should i turn on the lights or just keeps em in the dark until something green comes out of the ground?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

think where cannabis grows wild and copy it from the start
    warm, sunny and a touch humid
    Turning your light on will give the seedling something to aim for and warm the soil up
    I've lost enough seedlings due to low soil temps
    Especially in the not so warm uk
    My plants are mixed Brazilian and Indian genes and I look to copy one in me cupboard
    Atb fella
    Last edited by Greengrass; 14-03-18 at 11:13 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

medwiz88 (15-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    think where cannabis grows wild and copy it from the start
    warm, sunny and a touch humid
    Turning your light on will give the seedling something to aim for and warm the soil up
    I've lost enough seedlings due to low soil temps
    Especially in the not so warm uk
    My plants are mixed Brazilian and Indian genes and I look to copy one in me cupboard
    Atb fella
    Thanks man