Thread: Can I run an rwdc with water with a base ec of 0.9?

Thanks

Default Can I run an rwdc with water with a base ec of 0.9?

As above, ro water system is a last resort as it will be a complete pain with the waste water etc, so hoping I can get away without what do you guys think

Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

I suppose it is what it is.

You may be prone to more blockages due to the hardness of the water.

Just factor the bg ec when adding feed.Your ec will be a lot higher than what is usual.

Ph is more important,whats that at?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Percie (25-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    I suppose it is what it is.

You may be prone to more blockages due to the hardness of the water.

Just factor the bg ec when adding feed.Your ec will be a lot higher than what is usual.

Ph is more important,whats that at?
    Ph is 7.5.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Percie For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (18-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

It is what it is mate, I would run a R/O and go 50/50 with that and my tap water which will give you a BG ec of what you want also keeping any minerals etc from the tap and half the amount of waste water
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (18-03-18), Percie (25-03-18), tom222 (18-03-18)

Thanks

This is something I’ve been thinking about too. My background EC is .7-.9. Ive got a water filter thing that I think brings it down to .1/.2

what is is the best background EC to work from? As low as possible? Add a bit of tap water to bring it up to a higher EC? I’ll be rubbing rdwc too.

Thanks

I live on a farm and use well water. it is classified as "hard" water, background EC is 0.8. I asked the nutrient manufacturer about it and he told me that without a water analysis report to determine which minerals and their concentration present in my well water, it would be futile to try and tailor a specific recipe. his advice to me years ago regarding using my well water was "if you can make coffee with it, you can use it to grow weed"

a reverse osmosis system is the ultimate answer, but not necessary if the minerals in your water beneficial to plant growth.

it goes back to the optimum EC level for growing...whatever that is. I know what the consensus is on this forum and many other places on the internet, for many years back in the 90's and into the new millennium I grew using this water and nutes at full strength recommended feeding and never had any issues. after a 15 year or so hiatus, I started back up using the same water and same nute recipe and was a bit surprised to see EC readings of 2.5 and even as high as 3.0 during flowering using a bloom booster. I kept cutting back on nutes until I achieved a "satisfactory" EC reading and haven't noticed any difference in yield or plant health.

for my current grow I have been using melted snow to see if there is any difference from start to finish using water with zero background and keeping EC readings commonly regarded as "best" for marijuana cultivation.

when I informed the nutrient manufacturer of my findings, he told me to not take so much stock in what the internet had to say regarding EC or PPM...if it is working, just keep doing what I'm doing and don't worry about it. so all I can do is keep playing with the numbers and see if it makes a difference, but I sure would like to not have to waste nutes if I can mix at a much lower ratio and still grow successfully.

so take from this what you will, these are my experiences and I hope it helps in some way. every grower has their own conditions and must adapt to those circumstances. keep a close eye on your plants and listen to what they are telling you.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sal_Governale For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-03-18), Ginger-bud (06-05-18), HowellingBloke (10-10-18), Percie (25-03-18)