Thread: n00b setup

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

Default n00b setup

Hi, i did my 1st ever grow and learned a lot, going to start 2nd that hopefully be a lot better than last as i know some of the mistakes i made, what i would like from you good people is to check my setup and see if there is anything wrong there..

grow cupboard
    thats about 5x4 ft

900 watt full spectrum led
    Carbon filter & normal house fan
    soil is biobizz lightmix and i use biobizz gro, bloom and top max.
    1 day feed, 2nd water and 3rd nothing..to dry out a bit.

I have started with 5 feminized seeds from discreetseeds

Any advice for a total n00b, is more than welcome and sorry if i am asking something answered in another thread.

My aim is 5 plants, is there anything obvious i have messed up?btw ph water level is about 6

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

GMOGreen Guest

No need to ph in soil and I think your soil is good for 3-4 weeks just water buddy

Get some pics up is always handy 😎

🌱 current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165966

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

2wasted (08-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), redisiel (18-03-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Also is this all stuff you have already?

Just most people would say to steer clear of bio bizz unless you've used it before

🌱 current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165966

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

What size pots are you using? What about intake and extraction?
    I would get a dairy started mate and you’ll find people will pop in and help you along the way mate
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

2wasted (08-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks

I have small cardboard pots, then 1ltr(plastic), then i believe 5ltr. intake out take is a whole in the cupboard with a carbon filter(small intake fan), also a normal home size fan. Regarding diary, i have only did 1 grow before and quite a few mistakes, i did keep a diary of any changes,start. light hours etc. i know some of the mistakes i make, that led to a small yield and a lot of seeds in it. Regarding the biobizz, i was basically told it was the best, so i got that for soil and feed... I just ordered some northen lights seeds, so should be up and running by the weekend btw i used the seeds in water 12 hours then in paper towel until ready, this the best? i'll keep a better diary with pictures this time.
    Thx for the help

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

GMOGreen Guest

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks

Soz for late reply lost 3 batches of seeds thru what i expect to be drowning as i believe i bought the wrong soil, live and learn i suppose, new seeds and soil on way so start again mid week,, with a slight difference, i made a nursery from a old chest of draws, reflective silver paper and 100w LED, just till i repot them from cardboard cups into plastic pots, then into the cupboard with the 900w led.Old soil was biobizz light, it seemed to hold water and turn the pots into mini swamps, going back to all mix.

GMOGreen i couldnt quote you're question, site got all shirty with me :lol: "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 3 posts."

Last time and also 1st time, it was just a carbon filter with a small fan on it, a domestic fan and a hole in the wall..my friend has a extractor fan he is going to put in said hole this week.. It was a bit "stuffy" in there :-/

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)