Thread: RhizoSystem Semi Hydro First grow Set up Under Way

Thanks

Default RhizoSystem Semi Hydro First grow Set up Under Way

Hi All

SO i finally pulled the trigger and got myself a 120x240x200 grow tent. I am planning on doing four plants under 2x 600w grow lights.

Having visited a few shops I cam up with a inventory list:

2x 600w HPS light kits (dimmable ballast, wires etc.)
    1 x isomac extraction kit 6" 410m cubed per hour rate (silenced version with whole ducting, clamps,prima kilma carbon filter etc.)
    thermostatic fan speed controller

In terms of grow system I am torn between three set ups, either an AutoPot 4 plant gravity fed system or a rhizosystem drip and drain (not sure on regular or XL) or a basic RhizoWilma system. will be using Coco. I have a relatively large tent for four plants so dont have an issue with space

Has anyone had any experience with the two grow systems is it worth the extra for the rhizo drip and drain in terms of better yield?

My chosen seed strain is Difanem Original Amnesia Feminised autoflowering.

From what I can see there are plenty of fancy gadgets for automation however i want to minimize seeing as my knowledge is limited, as long temperature is maintained automatically, I would like to manage the rest myself.

My one big concern I have is smell, the tent is fine but when I open it to check on the plants and when the flowering begins I am sure it will seep out slightly so I was thinking of having an additional budget fan and filter sitting in the room for when I work on the plants and when the flowering begins as well as some form of scents in the room. as well as this I will get some rosemary or any other forms of aromatic plants to surround the outside of the room.

I am excited to get started but there is so much equipment and methods out there that just when I think i have got it I feel like maybe i am missing something, I understand this is basically lack of experience but I want to make sure I have got it all right before I dive in.

Thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevegrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Im on my first grow mate and im just hand watering in coco.

The rhizo drain will be my next purchase.

Dont think Ive heard much good reviews on the autopots bro.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18), redisiel (18-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I think the light kits are a waste of time mate and I certainly wouldn’t be doing autos in a space like that, autos just ain’t good enough in my eyes to be relying on a harvest from of quality weed I don’t think personally. Plus you can fill out your tent more and maximise your yield mate.
    Don’t even bother growing without a filter. It depends how much money your looking to spend but the bringing the prices down on the cmh 315’s now and you can get a double ended to make a 630watt light with full spectrum for about 450 all in,
    Do some homework matey it’ll be worth it
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

I use the rhizo drain system for while now an its awesome for not havin mess about with run off

Plus have option of turnin on dripper system so its hand free pretty much

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18), Pablo (18-03-18)

Thanks

Hi mate i have been using autopots for years now and they are really easy to use, i have used the 15l and the 25l XL pots. I put an airstone in the bottom an inch or 2 of clay pebbles then the rest is coco hand water for about a week then let the res and valves take over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nugsrus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks Guys

So I have decided on the Rhizo drip and drain system rather than autopot. Done some more research and moved away from autoflowering seeds and getting hold of some good cuttings.

Going to do 6 pots at first with 1 smaller soil only pot from seed which I will hand feed as a side experiment.

Sticking with 2x 600w lights and going for an 8"fan with the best carbon filter I can get.

My other concern is air in, the building i am using is a log cabin so not exactly well insulated so I am under the assumption I do not need an outside air source and can just use the air within the room? It was also suggested by a fellow grower to perhaps put some ducting in the flooring as the cabin sits around 6 inches from the ground which should provide some clean air in?

I am still learning but air in is my only concern for now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevegrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)

Thanks

How long do you run the air domes for ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon saunders For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)