Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My buds taste bad, every time! Help!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    Never follow the manufactures guidelines mate. Follow what your plants say. Sometime they can take more, sometimes less. Run off as much as possible mate, that's how you get did if the old salts

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server
    Ok, so to clarify make sure I water them enough to get a run off and test the ec, if it low increase the feed to bring the EC back up inline with what the chart says the EC level should be, regardless of how much feed it says to use? I've always just measured up what it says on the bottles not knowing any better

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Quote Originally Posted by chez1987 View Post
    Ok, so to clarify make sure I water them enough to get a run off and test the ec, if it low increase the feed to bring the EC back up inline with what the chart says the EC level should be, regardless of how much feed it says to use? I've always just measured up what it says on the bottles not knowing any better
    I'd ditch the chart as well dude.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Valentina (01-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    I'd ditch the chart as well dude.
    Ha ok. So how do I know how much to feed and what the EC should be then? Sorry if this is a noob question

Thanks

Ha ok. So how do I know how much to feed and what the EC should be then? Sorry if this is a noob question
    Start off with your background EC

Add nutes to take it a few points over when they're young, then go from there.

If the EC rises it's too high, if it drops then its not strong enough so more feed needs adding.

That's the very basics dude.

Macky Guest

All good Mate this is how we all learn. I start off from seedling at 1/4 strength what it says on the bottle. And bring it up from there. If the plants start to go dark green it's too much, if it starts to get burn on the tips of the leaves it's way too much. If it is light green all over, it needs feeding. The ec will differ from strain to strain and maybe even the size of the plant. So it's best to monitor your ec from the start, and look out for signs of over feeding.

Also, check the run off ec too, if you're feeding at ( example) 1.2 ec, you want run off to be around 1.3/1.4 this shows you're washing out the old food and it's being replaced with new stuff. It's a gradual process you need to monitor often to get it right.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (21-03-18), redisiel (21-03-18)

Thanks

All good Mate this is how we all learn. I start off from seedling at 1/4 strength what it says on the bottle. And bring it up from there. If the plants start to go dark green it's too much, if it starts to get burn on the tips of the leaves it's way too much. If it is light green all over, it needs feeding. The ec will differ from strain to strain and maybe even the size of the plant. So it's best to monitor your ec from the start, and look out for signs of over feeding.

Also, check the run off ec too, if you're feeding at ( example) 1.2 ec, you want run off to be around 1.3/1.4 this shows you're washing out the old food and it's being replaced with new stuff. It's a gradual process you need to monitor often to get it right.

Better way of putting it. Probably should have mentioned I'm DWC not coco.

Macky Guest

Mission! Go coco next time I've done both, coco is easier

Thanks

Mission! Go coco next time I've done both, coco is easier

I'm not the OP dude.

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    I'm not the OP dude.
    Oh lol, didn't even read who posted it tbf. High, good times. Dwc is hard work man. Unless it's all setup good with auto ec and ph balance. Always had trouble keeping the ph right during flower because of how much they drank.

Thanks

Oh lol, didn't even read who posted it tbf. High, good times. Dwc is hard work man. Unless it's all setup good with auto ec and ph balance. Always had trouble keeping the ph right during flower because of how much they drank.

Yeah man regular res top ups are the key and a big res helps.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast