Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mollasses, when to start?

Thanks

Default Mollasses, when to start?

Done abit of reading into the mollasses and how it helps improve your soil and in turn improves your plants health but can't seem to find when to start using it.

I've seen a few people say they use it in 4 weeks of flower but if it helps the soil and not the actual flowering stage can it be used in veg? Or will it be providing something the plants don't need during veg? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kilo For This Useful Post:

G' (25-03-18), GEORGE (04-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Use it anytime, it wont do any harm

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

G' (25-03-18), GEORGE (04-04-18), kilo (24-03-18)

Macky Guest

I use it from the start mate, I'm in coco. Start straight away with the first feed, get that goodness into the root zone. 1 teaspoon per gallon is plenty, and I feed them this maybe twice a week, not every feed. At the early stages, it's good for the medium, but during flower, I feed more time, every feed, maybe every other ( I feed twice a day) the carbs help the buds develop and give the plants some extra energy via the sugars. Make sure it's blackstrap unsulphered mollases aswell ;-)

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (25-03-18), GEORGE (04-04-18), kilo (24-03-18), SpliffMiester (24-03-18)

Thanks

thanks im about 3/4 weeks veg so ill start adding to to feed from now on. thanks chaps

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kilo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

I too am looking at adding this thru my soil grow, thanks for the info.

Current journal grow started march 11
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wsg View Post
    I too am looking at adding this thru my soil grow, thanks for the info.

Current journal grow started march 11
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent
    The one you want is unsulphured blackstrap molasses.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (24-03-18), G' (25-03-18), GEORGE (04-04-18), kilo (25-03-18), lipnobody (24-03-18), TheFertilizer (26-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    The one you want is unsulphured blackstrap molasses.
    Yup, I had wondered about this for a while. Apparently unsulphered molasses still has sulfur in it, but the other type has "sulfur dioxide" which is a preservative. ...curious my spellchecker let's unsulphered go but wants me to spell it as "sulfur".

Anyway, the secret to molasses is that it feeds your soil's microbes. The microbes go around eating organic matter and excreting the elemental chemicals ( NPK and the like) that your plant want. When you use molasses, you want to think about it as feeding your soil versus feeding the plant, so avoid increasing amounts of it through grow stages--it doesn't matter how big the plant is, because you're actually feeding your soil microbes and not the plant. The microbes and your plants form a symbiotic relationship, and they feed your plant more readily. That being the case, you don't want to put a preservative in there that will make it harder for them to thrive, so unsulphered it is.

Some people say it makes the bud taste sweeter, but I've also heard you want to discontinue it a few weeks before flower or it can make your smoke harsh. I've used it in all my grows... Perhaps to not great benefit, but certainly not detrimental.

I'm also not so sure it's that beneficial to people using synthetic nutrients since it's primarily responsible for making microbes thrive, and in a synthetically driven grow, the soil life might not really be there. Soillless and coco, I'm really unsure of the benefit. I mean it is a good source of zinc, iron and sugar so it probably helps with nutrition on its own, but if you're wanting this to improve your soil life, using it in conjuncton with synthetic nutrients may be counter-productive because your synthetic nutrients are not very kind to the microbes, and once the readily available synthetic is available, the symbiotic relationship between your plant and those microbes breaks down a little. So even though the molasses may have them thriving, or more likely surviving the synthetic nutrients, there won't be any symbiosis between your plant roots and the microbes to make it beneficial.

Anyway, hope I'm not speaking out of turn...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheFertilizer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-04-18), tom222 (26-03-18)

Thanks

"Some people say it makes the bud taste sweeter, but I've also heard you want to discontinue it a few weeks before flower or it can make your smoke harsh. I've used it in all my grows... Perhaps to not great benefit, but certainly not detrimental."

Thanks for the insight, I found it useful. Do you discontinue, I was watching a video that suggested , to add it during flush, and that the plant would benefit from it at this time. I am curious to how it will affect the taste, I will have to do a side by side comparison for myself.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-04-18)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wsg View Post
    "Some people say it makes the bud taste sweeter, but I've also heard you want to discontinue it a few weeks before flower or it can make your smoke harsh. I've used it in all my grows... Perhaps to not great benefit, but certainly not detrimental."

Thanks for the insight, I found it useful. Do you discontinue, I was watching a video that suggested , to add it during flush, and that the plant would benefit from it at this time. I am curious to how it will affect the taste, I will have to do a side by side comparison for myself.
    I grow organically in soil, and use molasses throughout flowering. I don't flush either. Not needed in organic soil grows.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), GEORGE (04-04-18), ggotch (26-03-18), TheFertilizer (26-03-18)

Thanks

So this should fit the bill?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-04-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast