Thread: Testing nutrients ?

Thanks

Default Testing nutrients ?

Hi guys I'm new to whole growing ... di my 1st with a guidance of a friend and doin research of my own all the time .....
    I came across ec which my understanding is for nutrients . How many of u do this ? And which product do u use thanx

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Hi, most of the growers here use EC meters, BlueLab or essentials are the goto products. Do not be tempted by cheap chinese rubbish, they are less than accurate

Macky Guest

To measure EC you need to buy an EC meter ( £30-80 depending on brand) essentials is a decent one for about £50

EC is the electro conductivity of the liquid ( your feed), which pretty much means how much dussiolved salts and other minerals are in the water. You " background EC" is the EC of your plain tap water with out feed.

It's good practise to measure EC, but not massively important, you can do fine without it. It's more of a way to tell how much your plants are eating, and as this is your first grow, there is a lot more to be studying than EC. You can get to the end easily with no problems, without measuring EC. Just keep an eye on your plants for signs of over feeding, or under feeding.

Most importantly, keep us up to date in your diary, so we can keep an eye on you and give you any help if you need it :-) prevention is better than cure

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server