Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raised beds a rockin,

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Default Raised beds a rockin,

Thought I’d share what’s happening in the raised bed after I had to chop it all.
    These were gradually flipped 1 hour a day to 12/12 yesterday.
    2 Afghan x amnesia
    2 sweet Afghan delight fast version(seeds)
    1 ghost ryder og
    1 super lemon haze x ghost train haze

Blessings and gratitude
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), Captain Beefheart (27-03-18), GEORGE (27-03-18), Ginger-bud (09-05-18), happyjack (27-03-18), M_C (27-03-18), Sadface (15-04-18)

Thanks

Looks very nice, I'm still reading up on your last journal. How big is your raised bed? You said something like a 900x900, is that mm? Very nice sea of green even without the screen.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheFertilizer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-18), redisiel (26-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheFertilizer View Post
    Looks very nice, I'm still reading up on your last journal. How big is your raised bed? You said something like a 900x900, is that mm? Very nice sea of green even without the screen.
    How you doing matey, the raised bed was mm sorry yeah, I would make it slightly bigger this time, I’d make it as big as possible allowing the intake a bit of room but I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with this though.

I got a feeling I’m going to get some height issues this time because I didn’t really top and train and shit because I was in a rush to get some ladies flowering lol.
    Any questions fire away sir, where are you? In the USA I’d be using certain things I can’t get here
    Blessings and gratitude
    Redz

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), GEORGE (27-03-18), Ginger-bud (09-05-18), M_C (27-03-18)

Thanks

Yeah I'm in the US in one of the legal states

I was enjoying following your journal, I like how you really commit to the full organic method. I have been trying to use a living-organic-soil mix and go water-only. I think I need to add a mulch layer to keep my soil moist, my room tends to be really low humidity a lot.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheFertilizer For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), GEORGE (27-03-18), redisiel (26-03-18)

Thanks

Yeah I'm in the US in one of the legal states

I was enjoying following your journal, I like how you really commit to the full organic method. I have been trying to use a living-organic-soil mix and go water-only. I think I need to add a mulch layer to keep my soil moist, my room tends to be really low humidity a lot.
    one of the legal states very
    I have as you probably read always had humidity issues in that tent so I’m only assuming the cover crops and mulch help but I’m sure it’ll be quicker vegging with a humidifier in there because I’ve already got a big one in the room the tent is in and it makes no difference at all.

I do love the ease of the bed mate and all these little teas and top dresses which I done last night of malted grains and some sugar for the microbes are just extras which in turn will only speed things up. It’s simple really feed the and it’s life and in turn they’ll feed your ladies,

What you got going on at the moment mate? Remember the rules bro just because it’s easy for you legal growers to get above our limit even if you ain’t cash cropping
    Blessings brother
    Redz

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), GEORGE (27-03-18), M_C (27-03-18), TheFertilizer (26-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    one of the legal states very
    I have as you probably read always had humidity issues in that tent so I’m only assuming the cover crops and mulch help but I’m sure it’ll be quicker vegging with a humidifier in there because I’ve already got a big one in the room the tent is in and it makes no difference at all.

I do love the ease of the bed mate and all these little teas and top dresses which I done last night of malted grains and some sugar for the microbes are just extras which in turn will only speed things up. It’s simple really feed the and it’s life and in turn they’ll feed your ladies,

What you got going on at the moment mate? Remember the rules bro just because it’s easy for you legal growers to get above our limit even if you ain’t cash cropping
    Blessings brother
    Redz
    OH yeah 10 is actually my limit so that works for me haha. I'm actually licensed for medical growing, I have a few conditions and I'm on disability, so I really don't care for most of the cash cropper's perspectives on "throw more money at it" style of growing.

It looks really interesting to do a bed like that. I bought a little airpot style raised bed called a "Big Bag Bed", it held about 100 liters of soil.. It's hard to convert everything to metric in my head, so I think that's about right. It was 50 gallons. They make bigger ones twice that size as well. What do you do about run-off though? I guess I didn't really fully comprehend the setup when I was looking at your journals.

Right now I have 8 Panama x Malawi, and two Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG. The PGSC x Cherry OG is a cross I made last year, still hunting for the good phenotype. I have one making amazing beautiful and tasty buds, but not yielding much. Meanwhile, I have a few phenotypes of the Panama x Malawi I had selected to make feminized seeds with, but the colloidal silver process I use to turn the plants male and get feminized-pollen didn't work. So now I have 5 flowering plants under the T5 and 5 under the CMH. Actually, things aren't going well in the tent with the CMH, and the soil I mixed up for those plant's pots was bad, they've been ailing the whole time, and I culled one of them to try out an Auto Jack Herer instead--it's been doing really well so far. I'm probably going to start a journal up even though I'm like 4-5 weeks into flower already.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheFertilizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OH yeah 10 is actually my limit so that works for me haha. I'm actually licensed for medical growing, I have a few conditions and I'm on disability, so I really don't care for most of the cash cropper's perspectives on "throw more money at it" style of growing.

It looks really interesting to do a bed like that. I bought a little airpot style raised bed called a "Big Bag Bed", it held about 100 liters of soil.. It's hard to convert everything to metric in my head, so I think that's about right. It was 50 gallons. They make bigger ones twice that size as well. What do you do about run-off though? I guess I didn't really fully comprehend the setup when I was looking at your journals.

Right now I have 8 Panama x Malawi, and two Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG. The PGSC x Cherry OG is a cross I made last year, still hunting for the good phenotype. I have one making amazing beautiful and tasty buds, but not yielding much. Meanwhile, I have a few phenotypes of the Panama x Malawi I had selected to make feminized seeds with, but the colloidal silver process I use to turn the plants male and get feminized-pollen didn't work. So now I have 5 flowering plants under the T5 and 5 under the CMH. Actually, things aren't going well in the tent with the CMH, and the soil I mixed up for those plant's pots was bad, they've been ailing the whole time, and I culled one of them to try out an Auto Jack Herer instead--it's been doing really well so far. I'm probably going to start a journal up even though I'm like 4-5 weeks into flower already.
    I dnt get a run off mate, I never water enough I don’t think lol, my beds got about 190 litres in it 50 gallons is around 180 litres I think, it’s a shame it’s not going well mate and it sounds like you got your hands full that’s for sure,
    I would get a diary started anyway, they sound like nice interesting strains too.
    Being medical organics the only way too innit mate.
    What soil did you use?
    Redz

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), GEORGE (27-03-18), M_C (27-03-18), TheFertilizer (26-03-18)

Thanks

I dnt get a run off mate, I never water enough I don’t think lol, my beds got about 190 litres in it 50 gallons is around 180 litres I think, it’s a shame it’s not going well mate and it sounds like you got your hands full that’s for sure,
    I would get a diary started anyway, they sound like nice interesting strains too.
    Being medical organics the only way too innit mate.
    What soil did you use?
    Redz
    I cobbled up my own mixture using Sunshine Mix #4, worm castings and perlite, and then I threw in some amendments. I put a diary up with more detail in it if you want a link. I don't think I uploaded the pictures right and can't find a way to edit it though

I've tried it with synthetic nutrients but really what got to me was having to flush the pots out of the salts every few weeks. Was just too back breaking, and then my soil got compacted and I lost a whole cycle of plants to that.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheFertilizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I cobbled up my own mixture using Sunshine Mix #4, worm castings and perlite, and then I threw in some amendments. I put a diary up with more detail in it if you want a link. I don't think I uploaded the pictures right and can't find a way to edit it though

I've tried it with synthetic nutrients but really what got to me was having to flush the pots out of the salts every few weeks. Was just too back breaking, and then my soil got compacted and I lost a whole cycle of plants to that.
    Did you add additional lime?
    We can build a proper soil no worries brother I’m just checking in on these now and think I added a hps instead of a full spectrum 600watt.
    Normally I’d leave the metal halide in till preflowers show but it’s only 400 Watts but now they seem a bit more stretchy than testerday so I might have to switch back lol but they should be showing preflowers anytime now ffs
    I haven’t flowered the sad’s and the Afghan cross before so there going to be a guessing game.
    The super lemon cross I’m hoping I kept the right pheno now
    As for the ghost Ryder I only ffowered it in such a small pot alongside some autos and wished I’d done it properly because it tasted so nice but she don’t look like she’ll gain anything yield wise with being in a bigger pot, maybe with a bit more bending and snapping.
    Where’s the link to your diary mate I’ll see if I can help with the pictures
    Blessings
    Redz

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), GEORGE (27-03-18), TheFertilizer (27-03-18)

Thanks

Did you add additional lime?
    We can build a proper soil no worries brother I’m just checking in on these now and think I added a hps instead of a full spectrum 600watt.
    Normally I’d leave the metal halide in till preflowers show but it’s only 400 Watts but now they seem a bit more stretchy than testerday so I might have to switch back lol but they should be showing preflowers anytime now ffs
    I haven’t flowered the sad’s and the Afghan cross before so there going to be a guessing game.
    The super lemon cross I’m hoping I kept the right pheno now
    As for the ghost Ryder I only ffowered it in such a small pot alongside some autos and wished I’d done it properly because it tasted so nice but she don’t look like she’ll gain anything yield wise with being in a bigger pot, maybe with a bit more bending and snapping.
    Where’s the link to your diary mate I’ll see if I can help with the pictures
    Blessings
    Redz
    Yeah, I put in 1 TBSp per gallon, and I had 18 gallons. It basically worked out to about 250ml of dolomite lime for about 68 liters. I've got the whole recipe in my diary.

M_C just helped sort the picture situation out. Here's a link bud https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...315-W-CMH-grow

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheFertilizer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-18), redisiel (27-03-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast