Thread: Flooming compost tea -- what kind of pump?

Thanks

Default Flooming compost tea -- what kind of pump?

I read about flooming on this site for the first time ever recently, but I hadn't really heard much about anyone using it to oxygenate their compost teas? Speaking specifically about aerated compost teas, is there a benefit of flooming over air stones?

My worry is that I've heard submersible pumps with impellers are bad for the microbes, that they get sliced and diced by the impellers, but to me this seems like a tall tale since we're talking about microscoping organisms and edges on the impellers that are much larger than that.

Other places suggest a diaphragm pump is better, but then other other hand those run at pressures in excess of 70 psi, and some say that is worse for the microbiology.

Does anyone here floom their ACT with an impeller pump?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheFertilizer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-18)