Thread: Pistils problem again

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Default Pistils problem again

Remember last grow my super lemon haze, I showed how it kept putting out pistils. Well this is two new strains in a brand new set up and looks like a similar issue again. Now this time its not as bad but still ain't right. My best mate has run these same cuts and plants were done at 9 weeks and I've smoked the bud so know it wasn't cut early. So that tells me its environment, also how about this...I have cuts taken from the same mum inside the tent and some look worse than others. The lower buds seem to be looking better, ahead in terms of development and with more frost.

Judging by that would you say it sounds like the lights too close? Not got burn marks though but as the lower bud looks better, I've decided to move the lights up a few spaces on the chain. Only thing I could think off, light stress. They've been getting 1.2ec not including my background of 0.5/0.6 and a ph of 6. Like I say some plants clones from the same mum look far better.

Any other ideas as to what could be a cause? Or does it sound like I'm on the right track.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

What’s your set up what lights are you using how close are they ,any pictures sure some one will be able to help but pics would help

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Langers For This Useful Post:

British green (26-03-18), GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

Running two 600w in there, not sure on the distance. I couldn't see any signs of heat stress such as edges pointing up so just assumed it was at a fine distance. It's just the lower buds looking better and more developed which makes me think the light being too close. I am going to check when lights go on at 7 to properly see if the plants directly under the light seem more affected than those on the corner. Give you an example right, two branches that leant over and wasn't tied up as I didn't notice them. When I check those branches the bud on it deffo looks like it'll be done on week 9, the same buds top branches, not a hope in hell.

If same clones and not seeds so can't be a pheno type and same nutes used on the plants in the same environment. That sort of leaves me to think that's all it can be right? Have moved them up a few chain spaces now, ill measure the distance when lights first come on.

Lol writing that reminded me one time when new to growing. Was downstairs fetching some clone gel and best mate was upstairs waiting for me. Knew the light had gone off so told him to take it out as I'm gonna whack a lower bulb in to be above the clones. He didn't even think to let it cool down and just grabbed it lol the scream he let out made me shit myself. Huge blister the poor fucked had right across he's hand.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    Running two 600w in there, not sure on the distance. I couldn't see any signs of heat stress such as edges pointing up so just assumed it was at a fine distance. It's just the lower buds looking better and more developed which makes me think the light being too close. I am going to check when lights go on at 7 to properly see if the plants directly under the light seem more affected than those on the corner. Give you an example right, two branches that leant over and wasn't tied up as I didn't notice them. When I check those branches the bud on it deffo looks like it'll be done on week 9, the same buds top branches, not a hope in hell.

If same clones and not seeds so can't be a pheno type and same nutes used on the plants in the same environment. That sort of leaves me to think that's all it can be right? Have moved them up a few chain spaces now, ill measure the distance when lights first come on.

Lol writing that reminded me one time when new to growing. Was downstairs fetching some clone gel and best mate was upstairs waiting for me. Knew the light had gone off so told him to take it out as I'm gonna whack a lower bulb in to be above the clones. He didn't even think to let it cool down and just grabbed it lol the scream he let out made me shit myself. Huge blister the poor fucked had right across he's hand.
    Damn!! I get a bit closer than id like when watering. I feed through the top of my screen via a watering can with a pipe on the end so I can reach the medium, tipping that last bit out needs me to lift that can high, I've been so close to getting bit lol. 300c apparently they can heat up too!!!

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Can’t really comment without pictures 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

10. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	358285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0191.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	358286

This is a lower bud then a top one. It's the same shit as before and I can't be certain why. Never had the issue before but grow before this was similar and the one before that. Those two was in another tent in a different set up.

My best mate run the same cuts and was ready in 9 weeks these are 7 and not gonna be done in 2weeks time plus I can just see it really does seem like they've all actually put out more pistils. Lights too close you guys think? I've moved them up now btw but nice to be certain what's caused this shit. Also my mate said he's was far more frosty, could that be another sign the lights been to close?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	358287

Tops of two plants here

Now ill shove not lower buds on branches but branches that are slightly shorter so lower down if that makes sense.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0211.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	358288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	358289

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

Issue is 100% lights was too low, the tops of the bud won't fully recover although not burnt how you'd expect it to look. The lower parts of the bud just below the tops say the second bud sites is looking a lot better and some no issue. I will get some photos in the dark of the plants before I harvest but have to say they are lovely and frosty n super sticky. Ashame I messed up with the light but feel less bad as at least I now know what it is. Also is the messiest grow with branches all over the gaff. Next grow I can stress enough how much I am going to hit the plants with fans and use the bio silicone as well as top them. Start flushing these thursday and taking them down not this Friday coming but the next.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

AND (03-04-18), GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

oh yeah deffo won't be happening again lol, its a real shame as the bud that is okay looks proper frosty and some purple on the leaves coming through. Will get some photos taken tonight probably just before lights go on to try show them better. I still would like to think I have more than enough bud that is decent. Live and learn hey, lol a lot more relaxed now i know the issue.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)