Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 135W QB LED for a 2' x 2' tent?

Thanks

Default 135W QB LED for a 2' x 2' tent?

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions or experience with using the 135W QB LED in a 2' x 2' ( 600 x 600 / 24" x 24" - depending on which part of the world you are from!) grow tent.

It would be my first grow attempt and I would most likely be growing 1 -2 plants at any one time.

Its worth noting they they don't come in 3500k spectrum (choice would probably be the 3000k) but they fall quite nicely into my budget for lighting and I feel like it maybe more 'bang for buck' than the Viparspectra 450 par than was the other choice in that bracket and decidedly cheaper than the rapidLED kits that was/is my top dollar choice (either the CXB3590 or VERO29SE kits).

Generally i'm very much of a n00b at all this LED lighting (as if you couldn't already tell!) but have tried to read and take in as much as possible. So I would appreciate any and all advice that you might be able to share.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-03-18), GEORGE (27-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

I've forget the Kit, and go with the Vipar 450. jmo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I've forget the Kit, and go with the Vipar 450. jmo
    I hear ya, maybe best to keep things simple but I must admit I'm quite fascinated by these QBs!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-18)

Thanks

gardro - Is that a quantum board?

Yeah, from Horticulture Lighting Group.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-03-18), GEORGE (29-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

What sort of budget you got? Seeing and hearing great things about the hlg qbs. Cxb3590s yield very well too.

Diary https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=167223

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-18)

Thanks

Yeah, most of the information that I've been seeing around has been very positive.

I had in mind that my upper limit would be around the 220 quid mark ($400 AUD). The model i mentioned above is about 135 quid ($240 AUD) and the next size up, the 260w QB, is 230 quid ($420).

I'm conscious that I will be growing in a small footprint and this will be my first grow so i'm wondering if shelling out for the $420 QB is a wise decision or to get the smaller one and see how I go and I suppose i can always get another one in time.

That's why I was wondering if anyone had success with the 135w version in that size a footprint.

Decisions Decisions!! Argghhhh!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dee View Post
    Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions or experience with using the 135W QB LED in a 2' x 2' ( 600 x 600 / 24" x 24" - depending on which part of the world you are from!) grow tent.

It would be my first grow attempt and I would most likely be growing 1 -2 plants at any one time.

Its worth noting they they don't come in 3500k spectrum (choice would probably be the 3000k) but they fall quite nicely into my budget for lighting and I feel like it maybe more 'bang for buck' than the Viparspectra 450 par than was the other choice in that bracket and decidedly cheaper than the rapidLED kits that was/is my top dollar choice (either the CXB3590 or VERO29SE kits).

Generally i'm very much of a n00b at all this LED lighting (as if you couldn't already tell!) but have tried to read and take in as much as possible. So I would appreciate any and all advice that you might be able to share.

Thanks in advance.
    I have these, they’re great, buy quantum boards, diyleduk in Sheffield builds lights with these Samsung diodes, he’s currently updating his site and I know he’s busy but the lights are tip top.

Thanks

Unfortunately i'm on the other side of the world.

I looked at some lights that were made in the UK but the shipping costs amounted to a 1/3 of the actual product price on top!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    What sort of budget you got? Seeing and hearing great things about the hlg qbs. Cxb3590s yield very well too.

Diary https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=167223
    tell me more mate,I seem to be getting obsessed with these quantum boards.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

gardro (16-06-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast