Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how far does the smell travel outdoors? backyard grow generally safe?

Macky Guest

It's risky, and risky isn't what you want. The stress whilst they're growing you're gonna go through I not worth the hassle. You'll be para as fuck! If there is anyone living with 100 meteres of you, it's best to stay indoors. Even if it's legal where you are, someone will see it, and nick it

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18), ggotch (02-04-18), Valentina (25-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Kids do seem to be able to pick the smell up more than adults. My 2 teenage daughters are always complaining and I can't smell a thing.
    Two reasons as I see it 1. Age, as with everything, kids can hear higher frequencies, so sense of smell would be similar. 2. Whether or not they smoke it. In my younger days, my two sisters could always tell i'd been smoking regardless of when/where and neither smoke. I have two sons that both smoke and one that doesnt, 2 smokers cant smell it, non smoker can. Guessing your daughters dont smoke either

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18), ggotch (02-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Two reasons as I see it 1. Age, as with everything, kids can hear higher frequencies, so sense of smell would be similar. 2. Whether or not they smoke it. In my younger days, my two sisters could always tell i'd been smoking regardless of when/where and neither smoke. I have two sons that both smoke and one that doesnt, 2 smokers cant smell it, non smoker can. Guessing your daughters dont smoke either
    Yes mate neither smokes that's why they give me a hard time.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    To much risk for me if you have a grow on inside,what’s the point,is the op thinking the yield will be better outdoors?im guessing because they are autos he’s doing it for photoperiod reasons.
    Pretty much the reasons were, 1. Just for fun/experience/experiment aspect, and 2. I figured it's literally an extra bit of space for a plant, thus an extra couple of oz or whatever.

But I think some of the comments above make sense, the risk:reward probably isn't worth it, if I'm gonna feel paranoid for months just for a couple of oz.

Though I was really enjoying the thought of popping into the sunny garden and seeing how the plant's grown in the sun and soil.Was thinking of doing an auto duck which suppos‎edly is low smell.
    Ah well!‎

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18)

Thanks

I think that smell can travel great distances very fast before it dissipates--Just consider has fast a fart goes from the front of a bus all the way to the back!--In which case, someone in the back will launch an anti-fart to retaliate.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LtlWilli For This Useful Post:

AND (03-04-18), Valentina (12-04-18)

Thanks

Last year my pal had big Buddha cheese 4 doors up from me and I could smell it not every day but if the wind was up and blowing my way lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Webby06_2007 For This Useful Post:

GreenBalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LtlWilli View Post
    I think that smell can travel great distances very fast before it dissipates--Just consider has fast a fart goes from the front of a bus all the way to the back!--In which case, someone in the back will launch an anti-fart to retaliate.
    Do anti-farts exist? Cause that might be the solution I need. Are they better than Ona blocks?
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2