Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UK - First Time Grower HELP!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SteceAOC View Post
    ~~Hey guys I am getting real close to my grow now!! just a few questions

i am looking at an ebay listing I have a 2x2x5ft tent or 60x60x150cm grow space and i am looking for a extraction fan and carbon filter unit suitable for my LED 300w Viparspectra light and for the odour of my sticky green friends!
    I had a cheap carbon filter and it just wasnt cut out for dealing with the smells so upgraded to a 4'' Rhino Pro filter and havnt had a problem since. I found the cheap fan that came with the tent good enough though, i did buy a black orchid fan but it was loud as fk so just kept the cheapo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    I had a cheap carbon filter and it just wasnt cut out for dealing with the smells so upgraded to a 4'' Rhino Pro filter and havnt had a problem since. I found the cheap fan that came with the tent good enough though, i did buy a black orchid fan but it was loud as fk so just kept the cheapo.
    Thanks for the input! I've gone with a Rhino Pro carbon filter and a 300w Viparspectra LED, worrying about how I am gonna regulate the heat and humidity now... I'm going to get one of those clip on fans, but I know that won't be enough to regulate heat, humidity I have no idea how to regulate. I need to find out what temps I need to keep my tent throughout the whole growing process with my auto seeds.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

For temps, try to keep it to mid 20s and you will be cool.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IneptAphid View Post
    For temps, try to keep it to mid 20s and you will be cool.
    Okay, is that through the whole process of growing (baring in mind I have no idea if auto seeds need different temps compared to Female seeds). 20-30c and I should be good right ? I am growing inside a 60x60x150 I am going to mount my carbon filter and extraction fan inside of the tent at the top, so I can try to make it quieter (worrying about the sound of the fan "35db") should I extract the air outside of my growing room or can I just let the air run out through my ducting, I am able to put a hole in the bottom or side of my shed and extract out, but not sure if that is needed.

Any ideas on humidity ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks

I read that HPS is about 35 % light and 65% heat. LED lighting is the reverse. About 65% efficient and 35% heat. But depending on chips used and how hard they are driven it can be only 50% efficient and I would bet some cheap Chinese LEDs are below that.

So my best guess is if you have a good quality LED or COB you can reduce your HPS watts by 35% you will have the replacement wattage you need.

So I would assume in that size of tent you would use a 400W HPS...400 less 35% = 260...
    300W viparspectra are only 136W from the wall

So I would use 2 of those LED panels 136W x 2...272w...

Just my guesstimate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to old guy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks

Do try to keep it under 30c though mate. See 30 as your top limit. Much hotter and you run this risk of stressing the plants and possibly increase the chance of hermies

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I read that HPS is about 35 % light and 65% heat. LED lighting is the reverse. About 65% efficient and 35% heat. But depending on chips used and how hard they are driven it can be only 50% efficient and I would bet some cheap Chinese LEDs are below that.

So my best guess is if you have a good quality LED or COB you can reduce your HPS watts by 35% you will have the replacement wattage you need.

So I would assume in that size of tent you would use a 400W HPS...400 less 35% = 260...
    300W viparspectra are only 136W from the wall

So I would use 2 of those LED panels 136W x 2...272w...

Just my guesstimate
    Would you think the 450W Viparspectra is better than 2x300W ? I generally don't think I have the knowledge or the balls to work with HPS or anything other than a simple budget LED/grow setup at the moment lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IneptAphid View Post
    Do try to keep it under 30c though mate. See 30 as your top limit. Much hotter and you run this risk of stressing the plants and possibly increase the chance of hermies
    Many thanks! Really appreciate the helping hand

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks

Viparspectra 450w is 200W in real terms according to the manufacturer so would be better than the 300W...
    Only problem is shape of the panel, some are rectangular and some are square... creating a different light spread..

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old guy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18), Priapus (01-07-18)

Thanks

That won't matter as he is only doing two plants though. A 450W Viparspectra will easily cover enough space for a pair of plants.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18), old guy (01-07-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast