Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bud trimming

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Mate, it’s in the rules man, no links outside of the forum
    gotcha homie

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

G' (01-09-18), GEORGE (30-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Have you considered dry trimming mate? The plants take a bit longer to dry, but it’ll be much easier on your hands, and you can stage the harvest than too so not so taxing.

Chop the branches off the main stem, and just hang those for a few days. The bigger fan leaves will dry off, and you can remove them. Then after a few more days, the tip leaves will be dry, and you can start removing them.

I hate harvest time, most growers enjoy it. But I hate it lol. Spent far too much Time trimming buds on my own ( 16 hours straight one time) killed my love for it lol.

Much easier to do it over a week imo. And also, it stop chlorophyll getting onto your buds if you trim them dry. It’s seeps out of the leaves when you cut them wet, and it gets onto your buds. The chlorophyll inside the buds can be broken down, but if it’s on the outside from the bleeding leaves, it won’t be. So your smoke will be harsher.
    I typically do stagger my harvest, I find it helps in keeping the Rh stable and not to dry. I spread my trimming over a week as well, I looked at some power trimmers but ended up going with bonsai scissors and I find my hands didn't get as fatigued.
    Arthritis in the thing makes traditional scissors painful at times. The bonsai scissors allow me to keep my thumb straight.

Ordered half a dozen smalls to try them out, they stayed sharp and when I misplaced them I had a sharp pair standing by. Lol I will see if I can get a larger version for next harvest.

Home built rdwc, root farms 2 part feed!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D171166

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

I normally do 2 x 12 hours shifts to clear my crop out, if I can rope 2 mates, we can do it in 8 hours. Dry trimming is the one though, better turps better smoke.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3