Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Insect help!!! An fast

Macky Guest

They're a fucker to see really, but of course you want to be sure it's spring tails, anything else needs killing ASAP!! They're tiny, half a millimetre in size, like tiny fleas. But there should be loads of them, go and scrape a centimetre off the top of the medium to expose te wet stuff under Neath with out going too deep as you don't wanna damage the roots. You'll see them then for sure if it's spring tails. Get close they're tiny, but you'll see them if you disturb the top of the medium.

If tht works, and you see them jumping around, it's springtails but get a pic up so we can see too to be sure

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18), Greenster6969 (05-04-18), joker_the_smoker (05-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    They're a fucker to see really, but of course you want to be sure it's spring tails, anything else needs killing ASAP!! They're tiny, half a millimetre in size, like tiny fleas. But there should be loads of them, go and scrape a centimetre off the top of the medium to expose te wet stuff under Neath with out going too deep as you don't wanna damage the roots. You'll see them then for sure if it's spring tails. Get close they're tiny, but you'll see them if you disturb the top of the medium.

If tht works, and you see them jumping around, it's springtails but get a pic up so we can see too to be sure

Will do tomorrow light turns off in a minute, but I will defo do that tomorrow , if it's springtiles is it anything to worry about? An will an can anyone point me in the right direction for Insect killer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Macky Guest

If it's springtails it's fine, they'll eat anything dead or rotting, and shit out good nuits for you plants. They won't touch live plant matter and stay in the root zone

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18), joker_the_smoker (05-04-18)

Thanks

If it's springtails it's fine, they'll eat anything dead or rotting, and shit out good nuits for you plants. They won't touch live plant matter and stay in the root zone

Ohright,I'm surprised tbh thought if anything living in the coco shouldn't be there, gunna catch one today an put a picture up on here

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

Please tell me its not Aphids, not lying but they look like them, has anyone had them before? Is it possible this is what it is? Can som3one please point me in the right direction to some insect killer that won't kill my plant

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Macky Guest

Is it these mate, springtails look very like this, but not this lol. Are you see it's these?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18), Greenster6969 (05-04-18)

Thanks

Is it these mate, springtails look very like this, but not this lol. Are you see it's these?

Just had another look at these fecker can fly so I don't think it is ,gunna get a bath an get on some bear grills insect hunting will inform soon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Greenster6969 View Post
    Just had another look at these fecker can fly so I don't think it is ,gunna get a bath an get on some bear grills insect hunting will inform soon

if that the case sounds like could be fungus gnats possibly

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)

Macky Guest

Yer fungus gnats!! Shit!! Get some sand. Put it over the top of the medium. The sharp grains of sand will tear their wings and break their eggs. It'll reduce them. I think neem oil might help, but tbf, I've never had them so not sure on exact treatment. Get in the infirmary, there is a sticky there on pests, that will have the info you need

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)

Thanks

Yer fungus gnats!! Shit!! Get some sand. Put it over the top of the medium. The sharp grains of sand will tear their wings and break their eggs. It'll reduce them. I think neem oil might help, but tbf, I've never had them so not sure on exact treatment. Get in the infirmary, there is a sticky there on pests, that will have the info you need

Don't gnats fly? This things dont fly but gunna put up some sticky fly paper up an I'll post pictures soon as I caught one, I tried to get one of the white things in my soil but just couldn't find one, would putting perlite on top of the coco help?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast