Thread: What are the best beginner strains to smoke?

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default What are the best beginner strains to smoke?

Hello everyone, I hope you can help. I have 2 older relatives for whom I've acquired some weed. Both have smoked several times before and enjoy the mellow effects. They aren't up on THC %, Indica / Sativa / Hybrid strains etc and I'm not far ahead really. Years ago I used to smoke chronically but being from Northern Ireland, all we could get back then was hash - Soap Bar, Rocky and the occasional diamond like zero-zero or Afghan Blonde. When I moved to England I smoked skunk for the first time and noticed it was a fair bit more potent. A long time has passed since then and the weed world has become much more sophisticated and discerning since I stopped smoking it some 17 years ago. Given that I didn't want to blow their heads off with some mega-potent strain, I went for what I used to be familiar with and bought a little regular old Jamaican weed. They prefer to smoke weed, although wouldn't be averse to hash either.

So to summarise, what UK strains would be nice and mild and tolerable for non-too-experienced users?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Peace

The Optimist

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The-Optimist For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (05-04-18), GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The-Optimist View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope you can help. I have 2 older relatives for whom I've acquired some weed. Both have smoked several times before and enjoy the mellow effects. They aren't up on THC %, Indica / Sativa / Hybrid strains etc and I'm not far ahead really. Years ago I used to smoke chronically but being from Northern Ireland, all we could get back then was hash - Soap Bar, Rocky and the occasional diamond like zero-zero or Afghan Blonde. When I moved to England I smoked skunk for the first time and noticed it was a fair bit more potent. A long time has passed since then and the weed world has become much more sophisticated and discerning since I stopped smoking it some 17 years ago. Given that I didn't want to blow their heads off with some mega-potent strain, I went for what I used to be familiar with and bought a little regular old Jamaican weed. They prefer to smoke weed, although wouldn't be averse to hash either.

So to summarise, what UK strains would be nice and mild and tolerable for non-too-experienced users?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Peace

The Optimist
    Hello bud.
    I'm sure most people on this forum started out on resin/soap bar.
    My first smoke of skunk was white widow. Nice smooth smoke, gave me a nice high which wasn't too powerfull. From there gradually moved on to smoking the weed I smoke smoke now, cheeses and hazes. I prefer the body effects of the cheese and don't need to smoke to much of it.
    Hope you find what your looking for on here. There is plenty of experience to shared ✌

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18), The-Optimist (05-04-18)