Thread: Moving plants in dwc

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 5

Default Answered: Moving plants in dwc

As I’m about to build my new grow room I want to veg my plants off site so by the time the rooms ready they have had a month of somof veg time and can be put straight into a scrog and flipped shortly after.

I’ve made a big system to veg them in. Basically a big bath tub type thing with a lid and holes cut into it for the net pots

so I wanna start them in another place which is about 15 minutes away. It’s fine to let them hang without water for 20 minutes or so isn’t it? Or shall I leave the water in there?

2. "15 mins to 30 mins will be absolutely fine when it comes to moving them . Just don’t let the roots become totally dry. I’d be tying a plastic bag to the net pots and letting the roots hang in them . While you move them just so the retain moisture and don’t drip drip everywhere 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-18), GEORGE (06-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

15 mins to 30 mins will be absolutely fine when it comes to moving them . Just don’t let the roots become totally dry. I’d be tying a plastic bag to the net pots and letting the roots hang in them . While you move them just so the retain moisture and don’t drip drip everywhere 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18), redisiel (06-04-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (06-04-18)

Thanks

Brilliant I thought that’d be fine.

ill be moving them in the actual system as I just can empty the water and pick it up and slide it into the back of the van so once I’ve emptied the water and disconnected all the pipes etc and got it in there I can chuck a little bit of water through the toosnof the pots to make sure they’ve got a soaking to delve what’s dropped off.

thabks bud

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    Brilliant I thought that’d be fine.

ill be moving them in the actual system as I just can empty the water and pick it up and slide it into the back of the van so once I’ve emptied the water and disconnected all the pipes etc and got it in there I can chuck a little bit of water through the toosnof the pots to make sure they’ve got a soaking to delve what’s dropped off.

thabks bud
    Just make the transplant as stress free as possible. Get the other filled up and ready to rock and roll . So all you need to do is drop them in a switch it on . The plants won’t even notice and drive that van careful. All the best with the move 🇬🇧

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (06-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Just make the transplant as stress free as possible. Get the other filled up and ready to rock and roll . So all you need to do is drop them in a switch it on . The plants won’t even notice and drive that van careful. All the best with the move 🇬🇧

Thanks mate. Thats one of the appealing benefits of dwc......no loss of transplant stress. Not having to much about changing pots and all that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    Thanks mate. Thats one of the appealing benefits of dwc......no loss of transplant stress. Not having to much about changing pots and all that!

I loved my time growing in dwc and have spent nearly 20 years messing around with water and nutes. I’m trying my hand now in soil and loving it and I can honestly say I don’t miss the hum of the air pumps running constantly 😃 my plants didn’t even notice the swap from hydro to soil and didn’t even go druppie just carried on as they were 🇬🇧

13. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I loved my time growing in dwc and have spent nearly 20 years messing around with water and nutes. I’m trying my hand now in soil and loving it and I can honestly say I don’t miss the hum of the air pumps running constantly 😃 my plants didn’t even notice the swap from hydro to soil and didn’t even go druppie just carried on as they were 🇬🇧

I’ve got a monster air pump but think I may not need it as I’m actually growing in rdwc so the o2 may be enough from the soraybbars I’ll be using.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Goes without saying but, watch the temps when doing a move, roots outta water will feel the air temperature quicker imo.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wsg View Post
    Goes without saying but, watch the temps when doing a move, roots outta water will feel the air temperature quicker imo.
    Thanks for the heads up.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-18)