Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Compatible Strains to Grow Together

Thanks

Default Answered: Compatible Strains to Grow Together

I'm currently on my very first grow (Northern Lights). If this all goes well I'd like to try a few different strains with notably different effects.

Obviously you can't chuck two or more strains in that are likely to be totally different heights. I imagine this would be hard work with the light.

So my question is can you suggest upto 3 strains that could be grown together with little trouble?

2. "Go over to SeedFinder, and find you 3 that are compatable."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-18)

Bomber Guest

Any strain. I grow whatever I want in the same tent. If one plant is taller, just pack under the shorter ones. Only problem you may have is when it come to harvest. I have two tents so if the plants finish at different times, I can dry the harvested plants in the second tent whilst the others finish

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), GEORGE (07-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Any strain. I grow whatever I want in the same tent. If one plant is taller, just pack under the shorter ones. Only problem you may have is when it come to harvest. I have two tents so if the plants finish at different times, I can dry the harvested plants in the second tent whilst the others finish
    Gawd wish I had known this. I was going to buy a second tent so could have one spare. Do you use carbon in 2nd? This means a new fan etc will be needed!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Bomber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    Gawd wish I had known this. I was going to buy a second tent so could have one spare. Do you use carbon in 2nd? This means a new fan etc will be needed!
    Yes mate. Extraction and filter is a must even when drying. Different strains may require different feed strengths too so that’s something to concider but I do it every grow as I like a variety of smoke and oil

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm just impatient and want to try a few :/

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), GEORGE (07-04-18), WF420 (06-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times
    Provided Answers: 14

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    I'm just impatient and want to try a few :/
    What about 12/12 from seed on a few? Quick turn around with lower yield but youll get a taste and be able to pick the best? Sure theres a sticky on it somewhere 🤔

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), GEORGE (07-04-18), sarahnya (07-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

I wud suggest you keep to similar strains., as in indica dom sativa dom. Or other similar hybrid 50/60 strains etc.

Never really good idea to lash any old plants in it just complicates the grow. Different plants want different feeds, some flower longer, some will grow out roof an take all room etc.

Why not just push the early finishers to heavy amber an late ones cloudy trichs. Different kinda buzz all round then to

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Bomber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    I wud suggest you keep to similar strains., as in indica dom sativa dom. Or other similar hybrid 50/60 strains etc.

Never really good idea to lash any old plants in it just complicates the grow. Different plants want different feeds, some flower longer, some will grow out roof an take all room etc.

Why not just push the early finishers to heavy amber an late ones cloudy trichs. Different kinda buzz all round then to
    All you have to do is mix feeds separate if they require different strengths. Nothing complicated about that imo. It’s only a plant

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    What about 12/12 from seed on a few? Quick turn around with lower yield but youll get a taste and be able to pick the best? Sure theres a sticky on it somewhere ��

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Nice, I had no idea you could do this

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-18)

Thanks

Okay great info people. Can you suggest actual strains to try that are really quite different?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast