Thread: I'm not happy smoking my weed in a pipe, is there a good way to vape(PG/VG) weed?

Thanks

Default I'm not happy smoking my weed in a pipe, is there a good way to vape(PG/VG) weed?

Hello.

I have since a time been smoking cannabis again after having discovered sativa but I am not happy with the way I smoke it.

I use a metal pipe from ebay, it's a fairly nice pipe but when the pipe gets full of tar and what not then the taste is really bad and cleaning it properly is really cumbersome. And I can't smoke joints because I don't want to smoke tobacco and making spliffs with pure weed is... way WAY to much weed for me, I break down the buds and grind it between my fingers until it is in a powder form. Then I sprinkle a little pinch of the powder in my pipe and smoke it.

I used to consume a lot of tobacco but started vaping instead, vaping with VG(Vegetable Glycerin), PG(Propylene Glycol), nicotine as well as flavour additives, switching to vaping have been one of the best choices I have made in my life and I am both happier with vaping while enjoying nicotine to a higher degree.

I tried making vapable weed by following the advice of a friend, I claimed it wouldn't work to do it that way but he insisted so I ground down 1,25g nice high quality Amnesia Haze and put that in a glass container together with some PG, then I placed the container in a water bath and heated it up to 70degC and then I let it stand there in the heat for several hours while vigorously shaking the container every hour or so.

Then I filtered out all plant matter and I ended up with a green/brown PG solution(that has now some weeks later turned more or less brown while also not smelling as much any more) but I regard it as a failure. If I vape that liquid, a few inhalations, then after 15min I feel as I feel about 1 hour or 1,5 hours after having smoked weed(when the largest part of the effect have faded heavily). So sure it "sort of works" but I suspect that there is very little THC in the PG and mostly other cannabiodes, or something like that.
    Those 1,25g was in the end made into about 10ml PG solution.

I have read a guide for making vapable weed dissolved in PG by putting the weed in an own for about 30min at 100-120degC or until it has gotten brown, and then mix it into a container with >=90% alcohol(the drinkable kind whatever its called, ethanol, methanol, I can never recall which is which).
    And then after having been in the alcohol for 2 weeks or more you use a water bath in order to let the alcohol evaporate and then you end up with a black oily substance which you can dissolve into VG.

The problem with that is that I can't get anything better than 40% alcohol, I have made plans to build a little mini distillery so I can get an unflavoured 40% alcohol and distilling it into a around 80-85% alcohol. But that is a lot of work.

Is there a better/easier way to do it?
    I can confess to not having done much research about the potential of dissolving THC in PG but that's because I wouldn't even know where to begin, that subject is as far away as you can get from stuff I know anything about. I sort of assume that only extracting the THC wouldn't be satisfactory ether as there is a lot of other compounds in the weed, but I don't know to what degree if any those other things are responsible for the enlightening sensation that I experience smoking sativa weed to be.
    Are there any dry-herb vaporizers that I don't have to invest much money in(that isn't a really bad product)?
    Getting a good vaporizer for VG/PG solutions demands in my opinion a DNA chip or similarly chips, requiring around £80.

What are my options if I want to inhale my weed while getting the same effect as if I smoked it but without actually smoking it, also while not spending much money(I have put together a little grow setup which has almost literally made me completely broke, given a couple of months I may be able to afford some product to dry-herb vape but I know absolutely nothing about that sort of vaping. I understand that dry-herb vaping is a common thing in the UK but where I live it isn't more than an known about but never tried form of vaping, no products locally at all).

I am open to any and all suggestions, is it worth trying to understand and master the production of... whatever it is called when you produce a highly concentrated substance from plant material?

Kind regards

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DDG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18), M_C (08-04-18), Sal_Governale (11-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

If you can't get better than 40% alcohol, look at BHO oil instead

...and PEG seems to work better for most people, as PG & VG tend to separate the oil easily
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Bomber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DDG View Post
    Hello.

I have since a time been smoking cannabis again after having discovered sativa but I am not happy with the way I smoke it.

I use a metal pipe from ebay, it's a fairly nice pipe but when the pipe gets full of tar and what not then the taste is really bad and cleaning it properly is really cumbersome. And I can't smoke joints because I don't want to smoke tobacco and making spliffs with pure weed is... way WAY to much weed for me, I break down the buds and grind it between my fingers until it is in a powder form. Then I sprinkle a little pinch of the powder in my pipe and smoke it.

I used to consume a lot of tobacco but started vaping instead, vaping with VG(Vegetable Glycerin), PG(Propylene Glycol), nicotine as well as flavour additives, switching to vaping have been one of the best choices I have made in my life and I am both happier with vaping while enjoying nicotine to a higher degree.

I tried making vapable weed by following the advice of a friend, I claimed it wouldn't work to do it that way but he insisted so I ground down 1,25g nice high quality Amnesia Haze and put that in a glass container together with some PG, then I placed the container in a water bath and heated it up to 70degC and then I let it stand there in the heat for several hours while vigorously shaking the container every hour or so.

Then I filtered out all plant matter and I ended up with a green/brown PG solution(that has now some weeks later turned more or less brown while also not smelling as much any more) but I regard it as a failure. If I vape that liquid, a few inhalations, then after 15min I feel as I feel about 1 hour or 1,5 hours after having smoked weed(when the largest part of the effect have faded heavily). So sure it "sort of works" but I suspect that there is very little THC in the PG and mostly other cannabiodes, or something like that.
    Those 1,25g was in the end made into about 10ml PG solution.

I have read a guide for making vapable weed dissolved in PG by putting the weed in an own for about 30min at 100-120degC or until it has gotten brown, and then mix it into a container with >=90% alcohol(the drinkable kind whatever its called, ethanol, methanol, I can never recall which is which).
    And then after having been in the alcohol for 2 weeks or more you use a water bath in order to let the alcohol evaporate and then you end up with a black oily substance which you can dissolve into VG.

The problem with that is that I can't get anything better than 40% alcohol, I have made plans to build a little mini distillery so I can get an unflavoured 40% alcohol and distilling it into a around 80-85% alcohol. But that is a lot of work.

Is there a better/easier way to do it?
    I can confess to not having done much research about the potential of dissolving THC in PG but that's because I wouldn't even know where to begin, that subject is as far away as you can get from stuff I know anything about. I sort of assume that only extracting the THC wouldn't be satisfactory ether as there is a lot of other compounds in the weed, but I don't know to what degree if any those other things are responsible for the enlightening sensation that I experience smoking sativa weed to be.
    Are there any dry-herb vaporizers that I don't have to invest much money in(that isn't a really bad product)?
    Getting a good vaporizer for VG/PG solutions demands in my opinion a DNA chip or similarly chips, requiring around £80.

What are my options if I want to inhale my weed while getting the same effect as if I smoked it but without actually smoking it, also while not spending much money(I have put together a little grow setup which has almost literally made me completely broke, given a couple of months I may be able to afford some product to dry-herb vape but I know absolutely nothing about that sort of vaping. I understand that dry-herb vaping is a common thing in the UK but where I live it isn't more than an known about but never tried form of vaping, no products locally at all).

I am open to any and all suggestions, is it worth trying to understand and master the production of... whatever it is called when you produce a highly concentrated substance from plant material?

Kind regards
    Spirytus 95% vodka

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18), M_C (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Food grade IPA 99.9% alcohol ?

I clean my grinder with it, let the residue dry out and into a blifter it goes

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Bomber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Food grade IPA 99.9% alcohol ?

I clean my grinder with it, let the residue dry out and into a blifter it goes
    99.9% ISO is great for making CO. Just don’t vape with it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Arizer Air,no mucking about just whack bud in,turn it on and vape it

had mine some 2 yrs now,never let me down.

hit depends on the erb strength and so can be mellow,couchlock or all the way to spin-out and whitey ,uses 18650 batteries same as ecigs etc.

worth getting the bubbler addon and also the easyair glass

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

DDG (09-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks

I used a liquid called EJ Mix, it's made specifically for mixing with THC concentrate to make e-juice you can use in any atomizer. I was a heavy smoker until I quit 3 years ago, I found that after not smoking cigs for a good amount of time that whenever I smoked weed my chest would feel tight. I tried many times to make e-juice until I found EJ Mix, it works great. I make BHO shatter and mix it with the EJ Mix at their recommended mixture and it is very powerful. three puffs from a cheap disposable atomizer and I'm plenty high. I used to use a pipe all the time as well, joints stink up everything and I can't smoke a whole one with the weed I'm growing. a couple puffs off the pipe was just right, but not smoking anything for the last year or so feels great. vapour only nowadays, and it's crazy discreet...you can pretty much pull it out anywhere and have a puff with no one the wiser.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal_Governale For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18)