Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am i feeding to low ec??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Am i feeding to low ec??

Mate of mine who is an experienced grower (he does flood and drain) was horrified when I told him my max feed goes in at 1.2ec from 1.1 ec for most of the grow veg and early/late flower. He feeds @1.8ec.
    I am in 8l coco pots feeding 5 times each day.

Run off is coming out a little less or the same as what goes in. The plants look great leaf wise (in fact they look slightly to green to me) but I am wondering if the buds will fill up feeding so low.

Background is zero - 0.2, PH 5.8 - 6.2
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Canna thrives to survive that’s why you here less is more a lot especially in hydro/coco . If you’re leaves are nice and healthy so will your buds. Once budding pistols and leaves give good indication if you are over feeding them you’ll get the very tips of the leaves burning and the pistols browning/ going ginger to early and pistol production will slow down. The best way is to watch the leaves and watch ec run off if it’s coming out lower than it’s going in up the feed a little until you are getting close to a even match and that’s the point you can’t push anymore into them and you done or risking locking them out 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (08-04-18), Bud Lightyear (08-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), joker_the_smoker (11-04-18), Lucas3330 (23-04-18), toblue (08-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Canna thrives to survive that’s why you here less is more a lot especially in hydro/coco . If you’re leaves are nice and healthy so will your buds. Once budding pistols and leaves give good indication if you are over feeding them you’ll get the very tips of the leaves burning and the pistols browning/ going ginger to early and pistol production will slow down. The best way is to watch the leaves and watch ec run off if it’s coming out lower than it’s going in up the feed a little until you are getting close to a even match and that’s the point you can’t push anymore into them and you done or risking locking them out ������

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    Thanks BG think I will just stick as I am then 1.1 - 1.2.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), British green (24-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), tom222 (08-04-18)

Thanks

How big are your plants ? As long as you have decent run off shouldn’t be a problem at 1.8ec.. once my plants are up and going well I raise them upto 1.8ec never have a problem and Iam in coco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mick Taylor For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18), turnkey (23-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Taylor View Post
    How big are your plants ? As long as you have decent run off shouldn’t be a problem at 1.8ec.. once my plants are up and going well I raise them upto 1.8ec never have a problem and Iam in coco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    depends on ya background EC aswel, everyone is different. am 0.1/0.2 so i barely go past 1.0ec, most people just pump there plants with to much N during flower, real dark looking, just so they can feed at 2.0EC wens theres really no need at all.

also different strains will have higher and lower EC, i find the more sativa dom dont like heavy feeds to.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), British green (11-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18), toblue (11-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks lads,

I grew a Green Love potion alongside 3 Blue Dream, and right from the GLP was struggling with the ec at 1.2 that the Blue Dream were thriving on.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), British green (11-04-18), GEORGE (12-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Thanks lads,

I grew a Green Love potion alongside 3 Blue Dream, and right from the GLP was struggling with the ec at 1.2 that the Blue Dream were thriving on.
    You got a diary for those blue dream mate? That's my next grow, always looking for more input on the strain

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), GEORGE (12-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    You got a diary for those blue dream mate? That's my next grow, always looking for more input on the strain

Hello macky

I did do a diary but it was my first grow so won't be of much use. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eam-for-toblue

I have grown BlueDream since this first grow and to be truthful I have been dissapointed. Very stretchy and very hazy in smell, maybe just a bad batch of seeds but the first lot were the best by far saying that I did have a few issues with the second lot to say the least.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-18)

Macky Guest

It's sativa dominant mate, not for a beginner! Lol. It'll proper stretch, that's what sativa does,, just gotta try control it with good temps

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Fieldy (12-04-18), GEORGE (12-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Thanks lads,

I'm not sure I can feed my Blue Dream too much, I've tried!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jasperb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-04-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast