Thread: Advive needed!

Thanks

Default Advive needed!

Hi guys n dolls, will be starting my second grow soon in plant magic soil with 10l pots!
    On my first grow I just put soil/perlite mix in pots and once seeds germinated planted them in the mix and added 250ml of water to start them off.
    My question is should I of soaked the soil mix first left it dry out a little whilst seeds germinated then planted seeds in the damp mix or was I correct the first time, dry mix plant seed and a little water?
    I always thought I missed out on something and should soaked the soil first.....can someone plz confirm?

Regards

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparky007 For This Useful Post:

2wasted (08-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Macky Guest

The soil can be a bit strong for seedling cutting and small plants. Best to give it a good flush to remove some of the nuitients from the soil before plantin them. Then when they're a bit bigger put them in bigger pots with the soil straight from the bag.

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks

I germinate the paper towel method mate and then into the 10l pots as they are autoflowers, just last time the soil just was dry for the first week or two then I gave them more water!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparky007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18), Ironman (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky007 View Post
    I germinate the paper towel method mate and then into the 10l pots as they are autoflowers, just last time the soil just was dry for the first week or two then I gave them more water!
    I use the soil straight out the bag. There's enough moisture in it for 4 days at least if it's stored in a cool dark place.

I plant my seed and let the roots hunt out the pot themselves.

Sent from Thames Iron Works.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

British green (08-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Sparky007 (10-04-18)