Thread: New grower from Wales, UK.

Thanks

Default New grower from Wales, UK.

Hey everyone, been lurking a while and have had a post answered so thought I'd best introduce myself and be polite.

From Wales, UK, midway through first grow, just flipped to 12/12. Growing 5 x paradise seeds spoetnik #1 as when I went to Amsterdam this was the resilient strain that was recommended by the seed centre (also we went to greenhouse to buy our seeds originally and the budtender/seed selller sent us to the seed centre and told me not to bother with greenhouse own seeds).

Loving this at the moment, learnt so much all ready. Making mistakes can be frustrating but I feel I'm gaining everytime and know what to do better next time.

All ready bought seeds for grow #2!

Girls as of 2 days ago before their 28 hours of darkness before the 12/12 flip. (can see this morning they all ready stretched 3 inches or so...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ohlordyeah420 For This Useful Post:

British green (09-04-18), G' (10-04-18), Ironman (09-04-18)

Macky Guest

Very nice mate!! Welcome to the talk! Get this all set up in a diary?

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

British green (09-04-18), G' (10-04-18), Ironman (09-04-18), Ohlordyeah420 (09-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Welcome along mate, looking good in there 😁

Sent from Thames Iron Works.⚒

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

British green (09-04-18), G' (10-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlordyeah420 View Post
    Hey everyone, been lurking a while and have had a post answered so thought I'd best introduce myself and be polite.

From Wales, UK, midway through first grow, just flipped to 12/12. Growing 5 x paradise seeds spoetnik #1 as when I went to Amsterdam this was the resilient strain that was recommended by the seed centre (also we went to greenhouse to buy our seeds originally and the budtender/seed selller sent us to the seed centre and told me not to bother with greenhouse own seeds).

Loving this at the moment, learnt so much all ready. Making mistakes can be frustrating but I feel I'm gaining everytime and know what to do better next time.

All ready bought seeds for grow #2!

Girls as of 2 days ago before their 28 hours of darkness before the 12/12 flip. (can see this morning they all ready stretched 3 inches or so...

If you don't want too much stretch, I would forget the 28 hours of dark before flip.

Plants stretch for a couple of reasons, firstly genetics. Which you can't do much about.

Then you get them stretching for light during dark period and also if the temps are lower than optimum they will stretch.

If you dont want them to stretch, my advice would be to just flip to 12/12 without the dark period first.

If you do want stretch then carry on as you are😉

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

British green (09-04-18), G' (10-04-18), Ohlordyeah420 (09-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (09-04-18), G' (10-04-18), Ohlordyeah420 (09-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    If you don't want too much stretch, I would forget the 28 hours of dark before flip.

Plants stretch for a couple of reasons, firstly genetics. Which you can't do much about.

Then you get them stretching for light during dark period and also if the temps are lower than optimum they will stretch.

If you dont want them to stretch, my advice would be to just flip to 12/12 without the dark period first.

If you do want stretch then carry on as you are😉

I want them to fill out the canopy so some stretch would be good. Still finding my feet and trying out new stuff (new to me). These have been great since we've started only really issues have been a slow start (cold Welsh Winters didnt help) and trying out some LST (tried to get them to grow in a spiral but I feel these indicas are too bushy and not growing tall enough for the full effect but it has helped keep the canopy level and pop up a few more tops).

Thanks for sharing the love guys. Rushing home from work everyday to see how they've grown!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ohlordyeah420 For This Useful Post:

British green (09-04-18), G' (10-04-18), Ironman (09-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlordyeah420 View Post
    Rushing home from work everyday to see how they've grown!
    Welcome 'Ohlordyeah420' and best of luck!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turnkey For This Useful Post:

G' (10-04-18), Ohlordyeah420 (09-04-18)

Bomber Guest

Welcome aboard

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

GMOGreen Guest

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Welcome to the talk brother looking good there mate, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY