Thread: How do I tell if the BioCanna range will work with my water softness?

Thanks

Default How do I tell if the BioCanna range will work with my water softness?

Hello.

Soft water is water that has been filtered in one way or other to reduce the amounts of certain minerals(as far as I know) and that makes a difference when it comes to the nutrients that I/the grower has to supply the plant with since some of these minerals that are filtered out are micro nutrients that the plant needs AFAIK.

And I simply don't know how to tell whether or not the BioCanna range, i.e. BioCanna Bio Vega, Bio Flores, Bio Rhizotonic and Bio Boost will work with my water.

The characteristics of my water are these:

• PH: ~ 8,0.
    • Softness: 2,16 - 2,64 °eH(Clarke).
    • Calcium: 20 - 24 mg/L.
    • Iron: < 0,01 mg/L.
    • Chlorine: 0,05 - 0,25 mg/L.
    • Aluminium: < 0,02 mg/L.
    • Fluoride: < 0,1 mg/L

["<" equals "less than"]
    (I'm not suggesting that those are the minerals that are important, it's simply the info I have available about my water)

But what can I make out of that?
    Do I need to by another product like Canna Trace Mix(or other brand product with micro nutrients but no N-P-K) or can I adjust the dosages of the other BioCanna in some way?

I had first thought to use a kit from Dutch Pro which was specifically made for soft water areas but it did contain more products than 4 and I would much rather use BioCanna range which only is 4 bottles.

Any advice would be much appreciated, because if I can't manage to figure this out then I'll sort of feel that I need to go with the Dutch Pro instead, not that there would be anything wrong with that but I would much rather simply go with the flow and choose what I for some reason feel I want to do.

Kind regards
    Last edited by DDG; 09-04-18 at 05:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DDG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-18)

Thanks

I just found that Canna makes a product called CALMAG AGENT.
    Quote from Canna's site:
    "In response to popular demand, CANNA has produced a CALMAG AGENT. You can use this product to increase the EC of your soft water. It will harden your water to make sure your plant can grow strong and healthy."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DDG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Amending your soil with Dolomitre Lime should sort out any possible issues
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

DDG (10-05-18), GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks

I am not experienced in this hole area of cultivation, but the reading I have done thus far indicate that Dolomite Lime might be anywhere from a little problematic to a lot problematic due to the amount of calcium vs magnesium.

If what I read is to be believed then good soil should contain a ratio of 7:1 or 10:1 of calcium:magnesium while Dolomite Lime contains 1:2 calcium:magnesium.

But I don't know if this is true or not, but since I know nothing about Dolomite Lime I'll go with that Canna Calmag, but thanks for telling me about Dolomite Lime, I had heard of it but didn't understand why it was used.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DDG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Using canna’s calmag solution defeats the purpose of using there bio range as a base nutrient. Cal mag additives arnt organic unfortunately. As Mc has mentioned a soil amendment before hand is the only way of keeping your grow as organic as possible when using off the shelf organics

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

powdered egg shells for calcium Epson salts for Mg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-18)