Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yellowing leaves and wilting

Thanks

Default Yellowing leaves and wilting

Hi there starting to think im not cut out for this malarky, my seedling having problems. Growing very slowly, feeder leaves have died off and now the first leaves are yellowing and the other leaves are wilting. I actually have no clue what it is. I thought that the feeder leaves had died off coz i was yet to feed them, i didnt since they were in a nutrient filled seed foam thing and i thought u didnt feed them until the 1 real leaves started to form. When the feeders started dying i thought it was due to low / no nutrients so i gave them general hydroponics gro , micronutrients and calmag, Ph'd the water to 5.5, the EC was something like 1700 , i gave them about 2ml per litre of each as i didnt want to over feed them which i thought was probably under 1/4 strength. After no / little improvement about 5 days later gave them a stronger feed of about 10 ml per litre. Still showed no signs of improvement, i let the coco dry out completely and the leaves started yellowing then left it a day and the whole thing was wilted and more yellow. So i flushed with tap water which i left to air for 24 hours as i heard this takes most of the chlorine out of it expecting for the wilting at least to get better. 24 hours later and no improvement. Its like everything im doing is completely not working.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	close up .jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	358877

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennybenny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal light.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	358878 heres a pic in normal light

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennybenny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-18)

Macky Guest

It's the fucking cardboard pots mate. They're horrible, proper fuck with the ph. Transplant them into their bugger pots , say 2-3l fabric pots ASAP. I gtg bed now. But I'll be back in the morning if no one else helps you here

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), Bennybenny (10-04-18), ganja.lad (10-04-18), GEORGE (10-04-18), Greengrass (10-04-18)

Thanks

Oh thanks! will do

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bennybenny For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), GEORGE (10-04-18), Greengrass (10-04-18)

Thanks

I'm still a newb to this forum but that looks a hell of a lot like nute burn and overwatering. How old are they? What medium are you growing in? if its a soil grow, i wouldnt be using nutes yet. and an EC of 1700 is a ridiculously high feed for this stage in a plants life. My max EC in flower is 1.8. I dont have my pen on hand to tell you what number that is but i think its on par with 1700. I'm with Macky on this one but its probably everyone who will tell you growing in anything thats flimsy is not the one...go and get some small pots from B&M or robert dyas. Will set you back 2 to 5 quid for 10 pots. Just to start them off. Cop a feel on one of the leaves. If it feels 'fat', youre overwatering. Also, lay off the nutes or reduce your EC, depending on which medium youre growing in
    Last edited by th4k1ng; 10-04-18 at 04:13 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), GEORGE (10-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bennybenny View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal light.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	358878 heres a pic in normal light
    Sorry, forgot about you mate, my bad. Right, What medium are you in? Am I right to assume Coco? Tell me some shit so we can get her sorted

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Bomber Guest

I would be feeding that at 0.5 ml/l if it in coco

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    I would be feeding that at 0.5 ml/l if it in coco
    Maybe just water if he is in soil mate.... cant really help him until we know more. The pots proper fuck with the ph though, im gonna assume coco, not enough run off, and PH of the medium is off because of the pots, and a salt build up.

Change to 2l pots, flush them until the EC is the same as your background EC, feed at a low EC, say 0.3-4 above your background ec. Thatl fix them... if in coco

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Switch to the good old dirt mate
    Plants have been happy growing for millions of years in soil.i don't see the need to fuck around with it )
    Light, tub, soil and water and a bottle or two of nutrients
    The rest all just witchcraft
    Just my tuppence worth

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,777 Times

Hello Benny. You say you're growing in coco but feeding hydro nutrients? Also you said you'd measured the Electric Conductivity at 1700, was your EC meter flashing with this number saying times ten? You should then move decimal point two places to left, this equates to 1.7 EC Way too high for that little plant. 2 ml per litre sounds very high to me. Your pH is on the low side, 5.8 being optimum. I readily use from 5.7 to 6.1. but nothing lower or higher.

Flush her with lots of plain water, take her out of paper pot, re-pot her in a pot of at least two litres of nice clean coco and feed her at E.C. of around 0.5 - 0.6 you should then see an improvement in a few days.

If your plant fails, try again in soil or in coco again, but remember to introduce plants to nutrient gradually if you decide coco is way forward for you.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zen Archer For This Useful Post:

AND (11-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast