Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: CDM Lighting

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

uvb == 10k finishing bulbs 600w, beware if using wear uvb glasses in the gRoom,

bout £30 for a bulb vs £250 for 1 cmh kit,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    If you have the space to move the light higher from the canopy it might make it easier to deal with the heat increase from 300cfl. My plants appear to thrive at 18" away or 30" away. I move the light to deal with temps and I do not see excessive stretching. I have also read that the different bulbs and hoods produce different amounts of heat. I am using the sun system with the Phillip's and you need about 14 inches just for the hood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I have no issues with the CFL, even in a small tent. The LED creates far more heat, but still manageable. I am getting a taller tent (should give me an extra 40cm). I can't see why they don't have the ballast outside the tent. One I saw was bolted onto the side, but was taller than the hood, which I didn't think was a good idea as it reduces the height you can have the light[s].

IIRC I did see a video which said that although the Philips one was the most popular, it was far from the best. I'll see if I can find it again.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.
    TAT

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-04-18), MonsterEnergy (18-04-18)

Thanks

Interesting information in this thread. Thank you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thcbandit420 For This Useful Post:

Majestic (18-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Really thinking about getting some of these for the summer months. They sound like the business! Wanna see a crop done with them first though, been lookin though complete diaries and can't find anything....

My main question is, if they're better than HID bulbs.... Why do the pros still use HID. I'm nearly convinced man, just need to figure a few thing out first...94% similar to day light?!! It sound to good to be true lol

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server
    you cant really tell which lamp is in this pic but the fact the lamp is on and the photo is as clear as it is is proof enough its CMH. this was a pound grown on a single 315w it is easily doable with good canopy control

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7493_zpsf2fd8258.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	359331

buds were frosty as hell as well. strain was dream beaver by bodhi. one of my favourite grows ever i must admit

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stutter For This Useful Post:

British green (19-04-18), CityDweller (19-04-18), ggotch (19-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Side by side 3 x cmd vs 1000 moving hps. 945 is better than 1000 according to this. So watt to watt basically the same. Like I said before. Less heat. More uvb.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    May be same watt to watt but massive difference £ to £ to buy. It would take a load of superior grows to get your money back for the set up cost.

Mate of mine uses on as supplemental lighting and just had his best grow to date , but that could just be the EXTRA light.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-04-18), ggotch (19-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    May be same watt to watt but massive difference £ to £ to buy. It would take a load of superior grows to get your money back for the set up cost.

Mate of mine uses on as supplemental lighting and just had his best grow to date , but that could just be the EXTRA light.
    true but then a lot of us are hobby growers and like everything else theres always a time to upgrade if thats where our interests lie .

same as any hobby really,my bikes cost me a fortune but im not going to ride a chinese heap just cos its cheaper

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

British green (19-04-18), CityDweller (19-04-18), Dirty_badger (19-04-18), Stutter (19-04-18)

Thanks

After upgrading from a cf to a 600 watt hps , i am struggling with keeping the heat down ..

So i did a bit of searching around and found a cdm kit for 150 on fleabay
    Here is a good video on the subject :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpDZEIN5lAE

ALSO A GOOD READ :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grow_light
    Last edited by Medicalweed; 22-04-18 at 05:55 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medicalweed For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-04-18), Majestic (22-04-18), tom222 (22-04-18)

Thanks

I'd like to know if I could pair a 315w CDM/CMH bulb with my digital ballast, the closest wattage output would be 275w/400w with 400w being preferred. Cant see this working and probably not good practice as thats quite a jump in wattage over spec

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    I'd like to know if I could pair a 315w CDM/CMH bulb with my digital ballast, the closest wattage output would be 275w/400w with 400w being preferred. Cant see this working and probably not good practice as thats quite a jump in wattage over spec
    no chap,standard ballasts run on a too high frequency for the cmh bulbs,cmh need a specific low frequency ballast to fire them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5