Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CDM Lighting

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    ive never read so much bollox in my life............ a bulbs abulb ffs duw duw cmh this + that .............give it to a pie tray and a box of swan ffs. atb its getting boring now see. surely it dont matter what bulb ewe use mun its all about the plant not the bulb duw duw........... i reckon the dope fiends are going crackers myself..... fuk my father for i just sinned gis a fiver for a cuppa tea anyone ? duw duw

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

British green (13-04-18), Captain Beefheart (12-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

aye aye 4 box of swan and a few pie trays under a tenner.............. fuk me this thread and others ive read are pure shite.atb

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

ggotch (12-04-18)

Thanks

ive got mates of mates running 2000 kw of lighting yet only getting 2 oz a plant i call them daft fukas bach twp as fuk they are abstracting leccy and all sorts........

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

ggotch (13-04-18)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I'm interested in purchasing a CDM light. My main concern is the heat. I know it's less than HPS, but does anyone know what it's like in comparison to a 300w CFL or a 200w LED.

I have a variac, and I have it on #2 setting mainly. Anything above that, and it becomes noisy. I don't know if #3 can be heard from next door, but it's not something I want to find out.

I've looked at a few videos about them. I see that bulbs from different companies vary quite a bit.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

British green (15-04-18), Captain Beefheart (15-04-18), ggotch (15-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I'm interested in purchasing a CDM light. My main concern is the heat. I know it's less than HPS, but does anyone know what it's like in comparison to a 300w CFL or a 200w LED.

I have a variac, and I have it on #2 setting mainly. Anything above that, and it becomes noisy. I don't know if #3 can be heard from next door, but it's not something I want to find out.

I've looked at a few videos about them. I see that bulbs from different companies vary quite a bit.
    i heard they as hot as 350 candles bach !!! or 2 lumps of charcoal on the spit................ duw duw its as hot as ewe want it to be mun...........

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    i heard they as hot as 350 candles bach !!! or 2 lumps of charcoal on the spit................ duw duw its as hot as ewe want it to be mun...........
    Roman Candles? Birthday candles?

Seriously, what's hot to someone is cold to someone else. I'd love one, but not if I have to turn the variac to setting 3 and upwards. It's the amount of heat that's put me off HIDs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

British green (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Roman Candles? Birthday candles?

Seriously, what's hot to someone is cold to someone else. I'd love one, but not if I have to turn the variac to setting 3 and upwards. It's the amount of heat that's put me off HIDs.
    It’s going to produce much more heat than a cfl aspie and I’d imagine you would have to turn the fan up 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-04-18), ggotch (15-04-18)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    It’s going to produce much more heat than a cfl aspie and I’d imagine you would have to turn the fan up 
    Damn. I was hoping otherwise. Thanks, mate. Back to the drawing board.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

British green (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

yep as bg,its a bulb full of gas at the end of the day,its going to get hot when ignited.

isnt much about thatll make lots of light yet stay cool ,even led will slowly heat up a tent if extract speed is kept low .

have heard of that fibre cable stuff being used to port light into a box with lightsource being elsewhere, but lost the link i had to it ages ago,guess if it had worked we'd all know about it by now :unsure:

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

British green (15-04-18), CityDweller (16-04-18)

Macky Guest

Damn, these bulbs sound like the dogs!!! British, you really gonna make the change? i gotta research these more, they sound pukka. i have a 1.2x1.2x 2m tent, what light would you suggest i use to cover this space?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast