Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weed-oil and the weeks before and after harvest.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    Is the oil not a lot stronger when you decarb the bud first mate. I’ve not made it much but have got some iso on the way and a chop in 2 weeks
    I have never dacarbed before extraction. My oil is very strong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18)

Thanks

My first grow is finished with success. The first photo is of the buds in the last week, you can clearly see the effect of the flush, most of the fan leaves have been removed and the leaves on the buds also show clear signs of nutrient deficiency.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bud.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	362172

I've dried the buds for 5 days in the tent with the lights out. The harvest was around 150 grams of dry weed (grown with 132 watts on 0.7 m2).

Name:	drying.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	362171

After the weed had dried I've decarbed the weed using a selfmade oven with temperature controlled to exactly 110C degrees for 2 hours. After the decarb the weed went into the freezer for 12 hours together with a 2 liter of 99% isopropyl alcohol.

After 8 hours in in the freezer the weed was put in a bowl together with the 2 liters of alcohol and went back into the freezer for 8 hours.

After the freeze i used a ice-coffee maker to remove the weed from the alcohol. After the extraction a beautiful amber liquid was left. I used a rice-cooker to evaporate the alcohol away (took around 45 minutes) and then left the brown liquid on a 50C degree plate for 4 hours to make sure all the alcohol was gone.

After all that i was left with around 15 ml of pure weed oil.
    Of course we gave it a try right away and pretty much overdosed on a single drop. I had to dilute it with olive oil to get the dosage manageable.

Name:	oil.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	362170

Sexbud gives a beautiful clear sativa high, makes you active for around 3 hours and relaxed after that, it doesn't really get you into the mood for sex, but if you and your friend are in the mood, it sure makes the sex much much better

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenling For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-18), Valentina (05-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Great news friend well done,your yield seems a little low though,you should really be getting about 2.5ml per OZ of bud used,great for a first time though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-18)

Thanks

I got pretty close to that ratio.
    150 grams weed = 5.3 OZ * 2.5ml = 13.2 ml (i had around 15 ml).

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greenling For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (23-06-18), GEORGE (21-06-18), Valentina (01-09-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2