Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weed-oil and the weeks before and after harvest.

Thanks

Default Weed-oil and the weeks before and after harvest.

My crop is in the 2nd flowering week and so far doing good. I have a few questions about the last weeks before harvest. I'm going to make weed-oil only from the harvest and not use it for smoking.
    1) Since the oil tastes horrible anyway, is there any point in flushing in the last week before harvest or can i just let it grow.
    2) For the same reason, curing doesn't seem to have a use for making oil, or does it?

Greenling

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greenling For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-04-18), G' (11-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18), Valentina (11-04-18)

Bomber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenling View Post
    My crop is in the 2nd flowering week and so far doing good. I have a few questions about the last weeks before harvest. I'm going to make weed-oil only from the harvest and not use it for smoking.
    1) Since the oil tastes horrible anyway, is there any point in flushing in the last week before harvest or can i just let it grow.
    2) For the same reason, curing doesn't seem to have a use for making oil, or does it?

Greenling
    I would still flush personally.
    No need to cure for oil

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

G' (11-04-18), ganja.lad (10-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18), Greenling (10-04-18), M_C (10-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Greenling
    you need to flush mate,I’m guessing the chemicals will leach in to the resin heads and be everywhere in the plant,as for curing you won’t have to but you will have to dry the bud properly and make sure you decarb the bud before making your oil.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

G' (11-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18), Greenling (10-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    you need to flush mate,I’m guessing the chemicals will leach in to the resin heads and be everywhere in the plant,as for curing you won’t have to but you will have to dry the bud properly and make sure you decarb the bud before making your oil.
    The process of cooking away the alcohol solvent and getting rid of the remaining water after it will be enough for the decarbing or do you pre-process it before that?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenling For This Useful Post:

G' (11-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18)

Bomber Guest

The process of cooking away the alcohol solvent and getting rid of the remaining water after it will be enough for the decarbing or do you pre-process it before that?
    You want to decarb the buds or oil, whichever way at 110c for 110 mins

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    You want to decarb the buds or oil, whichever way at 110c for 110 mins
    Thanks, i was wondering why the manual said to boil the oil for 2 hours after all the solvent had been boiled off.
    That must be the decarb phase.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greenling For This Useful Post:

Bomber Guest

Thanks, i was wondering why the manual said to boil the oil for 2 hours after all the solvent had been boiled off.
    That must be the decarb phase.
    That’s right, mate. Just watch your temps and you’ll be fine

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

G' (11-04-18), ganja.lad (10-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Is the oil not a lot stronger when you decarb the bud first mate. I’ve not made it much but have got some iso on the way and a chop in 2 weeks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Never made oil before but it's on my to do list but i would definitely flush, ATB, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18), Valentina (01-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Greenling
    Are you growing organic or chemical? With organic soil grow I do not bother flushing. I do switch to water and cal-mag only for the last few weeks.

On a side note, I have found that making bubble hash and then decarboxilating the hash is a simpler way to make oil than an alchohol extraction. The leftover plant material can be dried and then extracted into coconut oil for both ingestion and topical application. This also gives a lot more control over the decarb process since there is no heat used in extraction or reduction. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18), Valentina (04-08-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast