Thread: Cal mag

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Default Cal mag

I’m going to be starting a new grow in coco working the next few weeks and it’s my first coco grow. My tap water is very soft. (It’s doesn’t register on my bluelab truncheon) I’ve heard that it’s best to add cal mag to your feed before anything else until you reach an ec of 0.4 then add your nutes. Any thoughts or suggestions would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    I’m going to be starting a new grow in coco working the next few weeks and it’s my first coco grow. My tap water is very soft. (It’s doesn’t register on my bluelab truncheon) I’ve heard that it’s best to add cal mag to your feed before anything else until you reach an ec of 0.4 then add your nutes. Any thoughts or suggestions would be good.

My background EC is 0.2 and ive not added any calmag yet mate, not sure on the ideal level but Joker seemed to make out that my previous background EC of 0.4 could potentially cause issues 👍

Macky Guest

How old is your truncheon mate? Something should register.... and best to feed cal mag via folia feed mate, not through the roots

Thanks

My truncheon is 5 months old.
    I since re tested my background ec and is 0.2. I think il do what you said Mackey and foliar feed. The only reason I asked is I was reading up that it’s best to use calmag to bring ec to 0.4 then add all other nutes.

Do you feed calmag when the plant starts showing defs? Or do you feed it at certain stages?

Cheers for the response lads.

No one like us we don’t care. #upthelions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

My truncheon is 5 months old.
    I since re tested my background ec and is 0.2. I think il do what you said Mackey and foliar feed. The only reason I asked is I was reading up that it’s best to use calmag to bring ec to 0.4 then add all other nutes.

Do you feed calmag when the plant starts showing defs? Or do you feed it at certain stages?

Cheers for the response lads.

Its a rare thing for me to use really, my background ec is 0.16. I start using it as a folia feed once a week, with a bit of silicone too, from about week three veg. In coco, youll see the cal/mag deficiency pop up around week four or five of veg I find, so prevent it by feeding from week three. Itll still show some signs later on, so just give them another blast if it does look a bit deficient again.

Of course as soon as flowers start to from stop the folia feeding. That works well for me, it real easy to over feed cal/mag, as its in your water already, so you have to be light with the dosage.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

millwall115 (29-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Its a rare thing for me to use really, my background ec is 0.16. I start using it as a folia feed once a week, with a bit of silicone too, from about week three veg. In coco, youll see the cal/mag deficiency pop up around week four or five of veg I find, so prevent it by feeding from week three. Itll still show some signs later on, so just give them another blast if it does look a bit deficient again.

Of course as soon as flowers start to from stop the folia feeding. That works well for me, it real easy to over feed cal/mag, as its in your water already, so you have to be light with the dosage.
    Cheers mate.