Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Default Photoshop

I know theres a lot of skilled people on here and not just good gardeners. Is anyone good on photoshop?

Contemplating painting my staircase in 2 colours and would like to see what itd look like before i actually do it!

If theres any interest il post a pic up of it 😁 cheers talkers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    I know theres a lot of skilled people on here and not just good gardeners. Is anyone good on photoshop?

Contemplating painting my staircase in 2 colours and would like to see what itd look like before i actually do it!

If theres any interest il post a pic up of it 😁 cheers talkers
    I'll have a look at it for you but im hardly and expert.

You need to also post something with the colours though.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turnkey For This Useful Post:

WF420 (12-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turnkey View Post
    I'll have a look at it for you but im hardly and expert.

You need to also post something with the colours though.
    Cheers mate, it just so i can get an idea before i start painting 👍

Im thinking the handrail and lower parts white and then the spindles a grey colour like in the picture 🤔 but if youve got time could you try it with the spindles white aswel?

Thanks again 😁

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,113 Times

you can’t just ‘paint’ over them spindles and hand rails mate, you need to kill the ‘stain’ basically and also kill the shine otherwise if you just paint over it it’ll come through, you need a stain killer, this is the stuff i use to use, real good shit but be quick with it as it totally fucks your brushes up lol

give them a rub down first and a good coat of that.

i used to be a Painter & Decorator before i got ill 😒

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fieldy For This Useful Post:

AND (12-04-18), Bethmeg (16-04-18), turnkey (16-04-18), WF420 (12-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy View Post
    you can’t just ‘paint’ over them spindles and hand rails mate, you need to kill the ‘stain’ basically and also kill the shine otherwise if you just paint over it it’ll come through, you need a stain killer, this is the stuff i use to use, real good shit but be quick with it as it totally fucks your brushes up lol

Okay, working till late tonight but I'll have a look tomorrow 👍

10. The Following User Says Thank You to turnkey For This Useful Post:

WF420 (12-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Thanks for that post, seen no end of nasty peeling hand rails and spindles after owners have just slapped a coat of gloss over the stain without sanding, let alone the sealer/block. Its enjoyable to watch their faces sometimes, when you tell them it will work out cheaper to replace rather than start again

Unless that is they fancy doing the rubbing down, some of them start but soon give up after 1st day, especially with turned spindles...

Zinsser BIN is available in Screwfix btw, save you a search

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Done420 (12-04-18), WF420 (12-04-18)

Thanks

Cheers for that mate, ive gotta do all the skirting boards and doors too so id seen i needed to sand but had no idea about the stain killer! Would you use this on them aswel?
    Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Thanks for that post, seen no end of nasty peeling hand rails and spindles after owners have just slapped a coat of gloss over the stain without sanding, let alone the sealer/block. Its enjoyable to watch their faces sometimes, when you tell them it will work out cheaper to replace rather than start again

Unless that is they fancy doing the rubbing down, some of them start but soon give up after 1st day, especially with turned spindles...

Zinsser BIN is available in Screwfix btw, save you a search
    😂 i can only imagine! Im planning to remove all the spindles to paint as i cant see anyway of getting a good enough finish without. The people who fitted them first time round fxcked the measurements up anyway so that needs sorting! I know itll not be a 2 minute job 🙃

Cheers for the heads up 👍 save me sometime!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turnkey View Post
    Okay, working till late tonight but I'll have a look tomorrow 👍
    No rush mate, be a while before its ready for paint! 👍

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Lovely job

Stairs are a job for a skilled chippy, not a builder or DIY'er. I have repaired countless attempts, always costs WAY more than it would have done to start with, esp. if they bought Oak

And yeah, if skirting, architrave & doors are also stained..

As you're going with quality, get some 400 wet n dry paper (and wet with soapy water) in between sealer & top coat (much better finish) esp. on doors

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

WF420 (12-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Lovely job

Stairs are a job for a skilled chippy, not a builder or DIY'er. I have repaired countless attempts, always costs WAY more than it would have done to start with, esp. if they bought Oak

And yeah, if skirting, architrave & doors are also stained..

As you're going with quality, get some 400 wet n dry paper (and wet with soapy water) in between sealer & top coat (much better finish) esp. on doors
    Cheers mate, ive got a joiner on call if i get stuck with anything but from what ive been told im quite lucky as the spindles are held in place by bits of wood tacked into place as opposed to being sunk into the hand rail!

Just need to get the right angle on the securing pieces when it goes back together, that and the right lengths 😂

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast