Thread: Why my lady is so small? :(

Thanks

Unhappy Why my lady is so small? :(

Hi. I have a dwc setup, 20 liter capacity, 1/4 nutes, lots of air, netpots one inch above the water, water temps 22C, air 25, 30-40 humidity, 6 PH, MarsHydro reflector 42 light. I had this baby stunted at first I guess, it was yellowing and stuff, but it is showing new green growth. It doesn't really grow into height still and its very small. Its 3 weeks old and the roots are outside the netpot, but not going down, just wrapped around the netpot. Any ideas? What might I be doing wrong? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knb.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	359028
    Its the one below (bigger one)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveDispenser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-18)

Macky Guest

Default Why my lady is so small? :(

Think the ph might be a little of perhaps mate, can you get a closer one? Ph should be 5.8

Is that tin foil? If so, get rid of it mate

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-18), LoveDispenser (13-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Is the cube of the small plant getting saturated with water and she doesn’t need any nutes at that stage . What’s 1/4 strength nutes you really need to know the ec of the water and 22 degrees is the top end of a res tank it should be around 18 degrees 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-18), LoveDispenser (13-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Can you tell me why should I ditch the foil? And its not foil its mylar, I put it there to stop heat and light entering the reservoir. Im doing my best to avoid heat in res, I hope it will not go above 22, I hope the shade from the plants will stop the rising temps, too bad the plants are so small lol. I can try lowering the PH more however I have no ability to measure it precisely, EC too, the equipement for that is too expensive for me at this moment. Also, should I run hydro with plain PH'd water? I thought you can go with 1/4 worth of nutes from seed?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hiliuh (2).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	359029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hiliuh (3).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	359030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hiliuh (4).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	359031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hiliuh (5).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	359032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hiliuh (6).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	359033 Im adding pictures of the plant, let me know if you have any ideas.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveDispenser For This Useful Post:

British green (13-04-18), GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks

She looks two wet . If you have another net pot that’s empty put that in , in place of one of your plants and watch the bubbles splashing up to the net pot. If the splashes/mist is higher than the very bottom of the pot it’s too high. Take a litre out dry the net pot replace and repeat until it just getting wet . Replace plants and check on them a hour later if the pebbles/pot is just wet and the odd drip leave alone if they are dry slightly top up or vice versa . I’d still say res temp is too high reduce if possible. Try and move the pump to a colder place. Ec meter and ph meter are essential if growing in hydro if any sorts. Personally if you are on a low budget I’d be considering transplanting them into soil . No meters needed 😃🇬🇧

10. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks

Well you know DWC is really tedious for me, I was considering transplanting them too. Only that its kind of a waste of money on the nutrients I have. Do you think it would be a good idea to transplant them to a soilless mixture?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveDispenser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDispenser View Post
    Well you know DWC is really tedious for me, I was considering transplanting them too. Only that its kind of a waste of money on the nutrients I have. Do you think it would be a good idea to transplant them to a soilless mixture?
    Anything that’s soiless will need meters ec/ph . You could save your nutes until you have saved up enough for the meters and just run these in soil . What I’d see as a waste of money is using your nutes time and effort for a mediocre yield 😃🇬🇧

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-18), LoveDispenser (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,082 Times

I am a complete newb when it comes to growing cannabis,

I use Canna 50L Coco Professional Plus Bag for the soil and since i did not have plant food the plant died and it was almost 2 meters tall, past 4 weeks with no plant food so the plant died.

Next time it will be NPK plant food.

I have not had your experience before regarding as to why your plant is like that.

I was growing cannabis strain that is found in high altitudes you see i thought they would be more forgiving in cooler climates.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lltfdaniel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)