Thread: Empty room into Indoor

Thanks

Default Empty room into Indoor

I'm going to use this room as an indoor.

I plan on closing up a space next to the window (I'll remove the table and everything you see in the picture) with a wood plank placed 80cm far from the window. I'll use the window itself for ventilation, together with a fan. The space will still be open above and on the side where the fan will be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180415_115442.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	359099

-The space will be around 0.8m x 1m.
    -I will use a 400w HPS.
    -A fan for cooling and movement of the plants.
    -The window semi-opened on both sides with the blind almost fully closed and a mosquito net (to be installed).
    -I'll use three airpots of 15/20lts to grow 3 Autos.

Is this too loose of a setup for a first growing attempt?
    Should I invest in a tent and propper cooling system?
    I plan to upgrade my space with time, though.

Any opinion or advice is hugely appreciated.

Cheers!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterLande For This Useful Post:

British green (15-04-18), redisiel (15-04-18), WF420 (15-04-18)

Macky Guest

Think that'd be a sweet grow space mate. Paint the walls brilliant white, get that window properly covered and you're good. You might be able to push a 600w in there, but it'll depend on temperatures, but 400w will be sufficient

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

PeterLande (15-04-18), WF420 (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

As Macky said mate, will be spot on once that windows covered properly with no light leaks 👍

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

PeterLande (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by PeterLande View Post
    I'm going to use this room as an indoor.

I plan on closing up a space next to the window (I'll remove the table and everything you see in the picture) with a wood plank placed 80cm far from the window. I'll use the window itself for ventilation, together with a fan. The space will still be open above and on the side where the fan will be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180415_115442.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	359099

-The space will be around 0.8m x 1m.
    -I will use a 400w HPS.
    -A fan for cooling and movement of the plants.
    -The window semi-opened on both sides with the blind almost fully closed and a mosquito net (to be installed).
    -I'll use three airpots of 15/20lts to grow 3 Autos.

Is this too loose of a setup for a first growing attempt?
    Should I invest in a tent and propper cooling system?
    I plan to upgrade my space with time, though.

Any opinion or advice is hugely appreciated.

Cheers!
    I’d buy a tent for your room . When you consider the time and effort plus expense in building your room correctly you probably could have brought the tent and a lamp . You should also invest in a good extraction fan and carbon filter. Work out which one you’d need 6inch would probably be fine and the go buy the eight inch system. There’s three golden rules to follow when growing. No smell no sell no tell . The first one of these will be broken without extraction 😃 what medium are you intending on growing in 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

PeterLande (15-04-18), redisiel (15-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I’d buy a tent for your room . When you consider the time and effort plus expense in building your room correctly you probably could have brought the tent and a lamp . You should also invest in a good extraction fan and carbon filter. Work out which one you’d need 6inch would probably be fine and the go buy the eight inch system. There’s three golden rules to follow when growing. No smell no sell no tell . The first one of these will be broken without extraction �� what medium are you intending on growing in ������

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    Very true, always better to go with a tent if you can afford one, but the the price it will take to set up the room and get all the gear, you might as well of bought a grow tent and set up together, it'll save you money..... the size of the room might be hard to find though. Thats a choice you have to make, a grow tent is always the best option.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

PeterLande (15-04-18), redisiel (15-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Very true, always better to go with a tent if you can afford one, but the the price it will take to set up the room and get all the gear, you might as well of bought a grow tent and set up together, it'll save you money..... the size of the room might be hard to find though. Thats a choice you have to make, a grow tent is always the best option.
    Thank you all for the replies. I will check costs these days and make a decision. I need te see first how the grow tent works to put an order to the investment.
    For what I know I would need:
    -The tent. I want to go 80x80cm ir 100x100cm. These are the models I saw available here. These are between 180 and 190 cm in height.
    -Lights will be 400w HPS. Taking this into account I think I might go with 80x80cm tent to better take advantage of the available light, if that makes any sense.
    -Extractor, 6" or 8".
    -Carbon Filter. If the top bennefit of the filter is smell treatment, I believe I'll leave this purchase for later on. But will buy whenever possible.
    -I'll also need some cooler for outside inside ventilation, isn't that so?
    -A small fan for plants movement.

What am I missing? And please correct me if I'm wrong with my priorities.

Cheers!
    Last edited by PeterLande; 15-04-18 at 10:43 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PeterLande For This Useful Post:

redisiel (15-04-18)