Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Automated environemnt, and watering.

Macky Guest

Fcuking hell mate!! Thats al a bit complex lol!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Id just ask my mother to water when away 😂... on a serious note id like to see something like this in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeAgrower View Post
    Macky, you want an automation to run everything and the thing is you want it semi-auto. I'm already working on an Arduino+RaspberryPi project which aims to manage the environment of a grow room. Till now i managed to get 13 pumps into a relay, that is turning on/off the pumps through comments over the WiFi (it was my project so i could leave the place for vocations of 1 week), a room temperature/relative humidity sensor and a camera. I could instal the fans, lights or whatever, but it wasn't a problem at the moment so i left the fans working like forever and the lights left on timer. Im already working on IR temperature sensors so i would easily know when my plants are getting too much and also a distance sensor to help me know how tall they grow throw their life, which may be interesting information later, if i start working on automated system that pulls the grow lights higher.

It can really take all your time if you want to make it by yourself, as for me it sounds great coz my IT and robotics experience, its like im studying in a class, but my class is 420 friendly. Also you need to code, assembly electronics etc, there's no easy way to control the environment.
    I just started looking into this, it is very cost affordable, i have a shopping list sitting in ebay waiting for some cash that i can hide from the wife lol
    A quick google of arduino hydroponics shows some cheap easy diy expandable systems.
    Most store controllers are not total controllers you would need multiple controllers to have complete control, as of now i think i have about $150 cdn in my cart. I have purchased most things i could think of. I am sure i will be missing something but i have not located an ec yet!
    This will be a rewarding learning adventure or some ewaste . I like the modual for sms alerts.

I recently purchased a 4 port power bar that has an app that allows me to time or control each plug separately, works well. I have 3 lights and stagger on and off to simulate sun rise and set. It should help the plants bend.
    Draw back, needs a ups as if power is out, the timer function doesn't cycle the plugs. As the lights could be off all night if the power was off for 30 minutes at lights on. I have an ihome climate monitor on the way, to test out as well. I just need to learn an understand the IFTTT program and functions.

Check it out, grow started march 11............ Flip May 1st
    Led lighting various soils
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3