Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Automated environemnt, and watering.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

The echotechnics can connect to your extraction fan, incoming fan and heater. It can also connect to a co2 tank but I only use mine to control the two fans and the heater. I have a humidifier in my tent to assist the controller in achieving 60% rh in veg (or I wouldn't be able to get it that high)

I love the Wilma (I don't scrog, just LST, lollipopping and supercropping) but I agree that getting the lid off during a grow is a right pain in the @ss!

Sent from Noah's Ark

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    I've got a dripper rig set up lad. 30l plastic tub from bnm. 22mm iceline pipe running through the tent one end has a stop end and the other end has a 90° elbow with another small length of iceline connected to my pump. Each plant has two spikes in, the blue ones from a Wilma system I think.
    2 cross connectors with have the 3 or 4mm black tube, to a 3 way splitter the the 2 dripps connected to that. Works a treat 👍
    Make sure your res is lower than your plants, I've been there and done it with gravity effect emptying the full lot out 😲
    Nice one Farmshop, sounds easy enough. See the idea of wilma works for me, but its off for my setup. I like you interpretation of things lol. Im gonna be doing, four, max five plants, in coco and perlite mix.... probably 50/50 in a constant feed system like this for better drainage. What pump do you think I should get mate? A quite one preferably lol. What would you recommend for me mate? Id prefer to change the res daily, so some massive tank under the plants wont work, but a 20l bucket and a pump with a few tubes, i can work with, just change it daily... what dyouthink?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (15-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Nice one Farmshop, sounds easy enough. See the idea of wilma works for me, but its off for my setup. I like you interpretation of things lol. Im gonna be doing, four, max five plants, in coco and perlite mix.... probably 50/50 in a constant feed system like this for better drainage. What pump do you think I should get mate? A quite one preferably lol. What would you recommend for me mate? Id prefer to change the res daily, so some massive tank under the plants wont work, but a 20l bucket and a pump with a few tubes, i can work with, just change it daily... what dyouthink?
    Yeah it's low maintenance and cost about £35 to rig up. Mines a maxi jet mc450 nice an quiet, works a treat.
    I wouldn't go 50% perlite mate, that's just my opinion, coco is already aerated enough but it's your choice lad. I can send you a list of components if you would like tomorrow and you can weigh your options up 👍
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    Yeah it's low maintenance and cost about £35 to rig up. Mines a maxi jet mc450 nice an quiet, works a treat.
    I wouldn't go 50% perlite mate, that's just my opinion, coco is already aerated enough but it's your choice lad. I can send you a list of components if you would like tomorrow and you can weigh your options up ��
    Cool man, Id appreciate that mate, nice one man i think ill roll with youre setup there...... now, who uses an ECo technic thing?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Cool man, Id appreciate that mate, nice one man i think ill roll with youre setup there...... now, who uses an ECo technic thing?
    Speak to Joker about the ecotechnics. He's the go-to guru...

Sent from Noah's Ark

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Also Macky the windscreen pump is no more than a 12v transfer pump they can be bought for peanuts on eBay mate you just need to get your head around the flow rate but shouldn’t be to difficult...the opticlimate stuff is pretty trick but expensive and bulky
    Last edited by Sadface; 15-04-18 at 10:54 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Almost what I said in post #6, lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    It is obviously, was just something quick with stuff I had lying around

If you used a small submersible like a pond pump in whatever container and connect that up to the micro irrigation stuff and timer, you would be fine & leak free. Also not in the 'Weed growing' category so reasonably cheap
    Fuck sake! Sorry mate completely missed that post. All sounds lovely! Just replace the bucket once a day, sounds pukka lol. What sort of time do you feed? Every 15 mins, once and hour?

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (15-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks

Im gonna be growing blue dream soon, and I want everything to be perfect for this next crop! PERFECT!!

So I have been thinking about getting one of those auto environment control devices, and maybe an auto feeder too.

I want to be able to control everything, lights on and off, speed of extractor, speed of fan, dehumidifier on and off, when to feed, things like that. Ive seen these devices around, but have no idea what they're called, or what is going to be best for me.

I am also considering, a drip feed for my coco? The next crop will be in coco, and I want to give it the best feeding method I can, I have read some folk have an auto watering system, that'll feed every fifteen minutes, and pull off great results

I am gonna cut no corners and spare no expense on this blue dream, I have been dreaming of a crop like this since I first started growing, its sounds like an amazing strain. Everything must be perfect.

Any ideas? Id be grateful of any input.
    Macky, you want an automation to run everything and the thing is you want it semi-auto. I'm already working on an Arduino+RaspberryPi project which aims to manage the environment of a grow room. Till now i managed to get 13 pumps into a relay, that is turning on/off the pumps through comments over the WiFi (it was my project so i could leave the place for vocations of 1 week), a room temperature/relative humidity sensor and a camera. I could instal the fans, lights or whatever, but it wasn't a problem at the moment so i left the fans working like forever and the lights left on timer. Im already working on IR temperature sensors so i would easily know when my plants are getting too much and also a distance sensor to help me know how tall they grow throw their life, which may be interesting information later, if i start working on automated system that pulls the grow lights higher.

It can really take all your time if you want to make it by yourself, as for me it sounds great coz my IT and robotics experience, its like im studying in a class, but my class is 420 friendly. Also you need to code, assembly electronics etc, there's no easy way to control the environment.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBeAgrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-18)

Thanks

I forgot to mention the soil humidity sensors on each pot! I can get readings from every pot and then choose which pump should work to feed (i made a leakaproof code that is automated to close the pumps 5s after my comment) so now i have to manage through troubleshooting how to make it gold, like to know exactly how much water to feed, how fast, or how often to shut or start the pumps to help the pot get as much of the water before it starts to drain!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornToBeAgrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-18), tom222 (04-05-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast