Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fire safety

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I do indeed have an automatic extinguisher in my grow room

Ebay item 322790730343 - £25.99

Good for a one meter square floor space, if your tent is larger than that, look for the 2kg version
    MC thats cool man! Might have to get me a couple of these! Always para my extractor will go in the loft. One for that, and one for in my tent, now we are leaving the EU, the fire regulations on shit will be changing lol, better safe than sorry

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), M_C (17-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Don't get a couple, get one that is the correct size... they go up to quite some size & cover quite some floor area

It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), Mac (22-07-19), Majestic (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Don't get a couple, get one that is the correct size... they go up to quite some size & cover quite some floor area

Well, its because my tent is on the top floor of my house, with a hole in the ceiling, to the extractor in the loft, venting out with my bathroom extractor ( nice). So maybe one big one for my loft ( even the bathroom extractor on its own should have one really, risky shit stuff in loft with all that flammable shit), and a smaller one for my groom. Nice call MC, I didnt know you could get these, they're not just gonna go off random and spray all over my plants thought right? lol I'll have it out side the tent any way, just incase it does go off....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), Majestic (18-04-18), M_C (17-04-18)

Macky Guest

Ill invest in one of those without the powder for the tent and one of the cheaper powder ones for the loft. lovely. Peace of mind can be pricey but worth every penny

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Well, its because my tent is on the top floor of my house, with a hole in the ceiling, to the extractor in the loft, venting out with my bathroom extractor ( nice). So maybe one big one for my loft ( even the bathroom extractor on its own should have one really, risky shit stuff in loft with all that flammable shit), and a smaller one for my groom. Nice call MC, I didnt know you could get these, they're not just gonna go off random and spray all over my plants thought right? lol I'll have it out side the tent any way, just incase it does go off....
    The extinguisher will deploy before combustion happens

I've had mine for about 2 year now with no issues

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Fire has always been a big issue for myself and couldn’t come home to a burning house. That’s why wiring should be above and beyond it’s capabilities and building materials if building your own room should be taken into account. I’ve always built my rooms with as much fire retardant materials as possible. When mc first brought his fire extinguisher I think he set a small trend off . There’s lots of things to take into account but the electrics are the first thing any of us should be looking at . No cutting corners in our game. I’ve always wondered how if at all are the tents made of fire retardant material. If not they should be. Just be practical at first and remove anything that’s not necessary and combustible. Be safe stay green 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), Mac (22-07-19), M_C (17-04-18), turnkey (17-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Fire has always been a big issue for myself and couldn’t come home to a burning house. That’s why wiring should be above and beyond it’s capabilities and building materials if building your own room should be taken into account. I’ve always built my rooms with as much fire retardant materials as possible. When mc first brought his fire extinguisher I think he set a small trend off . There’s lots of things to take into account but the electrics are the first thing any of us should be looking at . No cutting corners in our game. I’ve always wondered how if at all are the tents made of fire retardant material. If not they should be. Just be practical at first and remove anything that’s not necessary and combustible. Be safe stay green ������

Everything I have is safe as fuck, and very unlikely to catch fire..... but I bet there are loads of people who say that and come home to ashes. Just better to take every precaution you can I suppose. Build everything out of flame retardant stuff, make sure all your electrics are safe, and get one of these, you can never be too safe when it comes to fire.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), Majestic (18-04-18), M_C (17-04-18)

Thanks

The same here BG, fire has always been my major concern... it's just not an option! I'd rather lose the crop covered in dry powder than have the fire brigade turn up... followed by the police!

I was aware of the 25kg ones a few year back, but that was just too big & heavy for me... when I found the 1kg ones, that was it, straight in the groom... what price peace of mind?

So, now my groom has its own consumer unit with RCD & MCB, along with fire suppression. I'm happy that there is nothing more I can do to protect it & my house

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), Mac (22-07-19), Majestic (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

When you think about it . The most likely place for a fire to start is within your electrics . Overheated cable with too much load being pulled through it. Or a dodgy ballast or a dodgy hung light . If you’re electrics are up to scratch your trip should switch off within 0.5 of a second or less . Without fuel there’s no fire . But I’d never gamble with my family’s life you can never be to carful 😃 like I said mc set a small trend off 😃🇬🇧

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), Mac (22-07-19), M_C (17-04-18), turnkey (17-04-18)

Macky Guest

The same here BG, fire has always been my major concern... it's just not an option! I'd rather lose the crop covered in dry powder than have the fire brigade turn up... followed by the police!

I was aware of the 25kg ones a few year back, but that was just too big & heavy for me... when I found the 1kg ones, that was it, straight in the groom... what price peace of mind?

So, now my groom has its own consumer unit with RCD & MCB, along with fire suppression. I'm happy that there is nothing more I can do to protect it & my house
    Damn, thats a bit hardcore, you live in a house with old wiring or something MC? Is this something? Dont you only run a 250w?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), M_C (17-04-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast