Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Which extraction fan kit

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

High temps, ecotechnics controller works by balancing inlet and exhaust fans, heaters etc. to achieve set temperature. If you don't have them, ecotechnics has nothing to control. Single fan, cheap £10 speed controller

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    High temps, ecotechnics controller works by balancing inlet and exhaust fans, heaters etc. to achieve set temperature. If you don't have them, ecotechnics has nothing to control. Single fan, cheap £10 speed controller
    Well because I’ll be growing during an English summer the fear is I will need a few fans at some point which is why I was thinking of getting the ecotechnics now and for ease of the control of temp and RH then come winter when no doubt will need heater also I’ll just add that on and that will be controlled to no ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks

Yeah thats fine but as I said you will need both extract and inlet fans minimum from the start or the Eco wont do anything (why I mentioned £10 speed controller in last post), just wasting power by being on. Ideally, the 2 fans, humidifier and heater. Its an environmental controller, to do its job it needs those things connected...

You can buy it and leave it in the box until you get the rest

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18), Squaggy (21-04-18)

Thanks

Yeah thats fine but as I said you will need both extract and inlet fans minimum from the start or the Eco wont do anything (why I mentioned £10 speed controller in last post), just wasting power by being on. Ideally, the 2 fans, humidifier and heater. Its an environmental controller, to do its job it needs those things connected...

You can buy it and leave it in the box until you get the rest
    Ok then well that saves me £150.

So just a couple of fans on a cheap controller and a humidifier all I need initially then ?

Controller like this you mean :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6011D51-0B77-42A5-8258-38C2832738CD.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	359411

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

I am looking at the inkbird humidity controller. My heater has built in thermostat. I have a heat sensor for fan control. I have looked at the controller, but can't see if it has a max humidity setting. I prefer individual controls for flexibility. Controllers in my mind are more for co2. But have never actually had/tried one.

I don't use an inlet fan I do have 3 lower passive vents.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18), Squaggy (21-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squaggy View Post
    Ok then well that saves me £150.

So just a couple of fans on a cheap controller and a humidifier all I need initially then ?

Controller like this you mean :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6011D51-0B77-42A5-8258-38C2832738CD.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	359411
    Yeah, I have two of those for inlet fans on both tents and have totally stable temps between 25-27°C lights on or off

Also as Wsg mentioned Inkbird controllers are also good (about £35 each) I have 4 of those, 2 temp & 2 Humidity, they control the humidifiers and I get between 45-55% constant (Although today 64.5%)

I am intending on buying an Eco controller at some point, if you add up the above I could have had one already but this way I can control 2 tents. Works out about £80 per tent with these 3 and does same job, bit less pissing about with wiring, straight plug n play

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (22-04-18), GEORGE (21-04-18), Squaggy (21-04-18)

Thanks

Yeah, I have two of those for inlet fans on both tents and have totally stable temps between 25-27°C lights on or off

Also as Wsg mentioned Inkbird controllers are also good (about £35 each) I have 4 of those, 2 temp & 2 Humidity, they control the humidifiers and I get between 45-55% constant (Although today 64.5%)

I am intending on buying an Eco controller at some point, if you add up the above I could have had one already but this way I can control 2 tents. Works out about £80 per tent with these 3 and does same job, bit less pissing about with wiring, straight plug n play
    Yeah so with my one tent it starts to make sense to have the ecotechnics..

Controlling humidity is completely new to me but during the summer here in uk I can only assume I will need to keep the heat from getting to hot by using fans I will run lights through the night to help this.

Humidity whether I will have not enough or to much god knows

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,277 Times

I run a 6” China made EC hyperfan with a big carbo fillet and a GHC controller which retails at £290, what a peiace of kit also intake is a TT100 but I run into problems with this set up in my 1.2x1.2x2 tent. 30deg hot day 20deg light off high humidity fan running 100% light on and 20% light off but still battles to keep humility under control. Fan weren’t cheap either £230

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

I gave up and bought a dehumidifier , started inside the tent. Used my inbird to control It, almost killed my crop as, the inkbird was way out. I thought my humidity was about 37% but was truly at 30%. Way to low,
    CHECK YOUR INKBIRDS!!!!!! 7% out is not cool
    CALIBRATE
    Dehumidifier is now out the tent dehumidifying the exhaust and fresh air supply. With my new filter setup air flow is a breeze so I have managed to get control

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,277 Times

Nice work mate glad you sorted now. I hv my work cut out to bring my temps and humidity under control.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4