Thread: potting soil problem?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

Default potting soil problem?

This is only my 2nd growth, 1st turned out well, for a n00b, i left too long and had load of seeds in it, reason i am going it that is i started my 2nd grow, 5 x feminized seeds, using biobizz light mix, all 5 germinated fine but after potting only 1 grew above the soil, only differences from 1st was i put it right into my grow cupboard under a 900wLED and i used biobizz light, so i bought biobizz allmix put it in a "nursery" where the 1st growth had gone, its just a silver lined unit with lots of ventilation and started a 3rd grow, same again with 5 x feminized seeds, same again with the germination and sadly same result only 1 growing above the soil after 4 days. All seeds where put in the same 40 x 6cm Biodegradable Fibre Plant Pots .
    The only difference i see is the potting soil, a friend gave me a bag to get started, it had no brand name on it, but he said it was biobizz , but after buying biobizz light and all mix, its not the same, had more white stones in it and felt finer..Apologies if not explaed very well, indulged in a couple of beers and a smoke b4 posting
    So after all that i want to start again, questions..1st) am i aiming all the blame at the soil rightly or could it only be part of the problem, under or over watering? 2nd) should i try another biobizz product or is there something better available in the uk? something just made for that stage of the plant?

btw was planing on updating a older thread i started the pictures and more info, but not got round to installing an extractor fan as yet.
    nursery
    LED Grow Light Full Spectrum 100W High bay Light for Hydroponic Plants Veg.
    cupboard
    BOSSLED 900W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Lamp for Indoor plants veg flower

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), redisiel (17-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Only thing I can think mate is you buried the seeds too deep or pushed down too hard on it and compacted it, even overwatered.
    Second time the allmix would of been too strong for seedlings anyway.
    I would either build my own soil or like most people here they use canna mate and don’t seem to go wrong
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), M_C (17-04-18)

Thanks

thx for advice m8 this 1 for example would you just bin the biobizz or use it when repotting?
    Last edited by redisiel; 17-04-18 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Link(warning)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by wasted2 View Post
    thx for advice m8 this 1 for example would you just bin the biobizz or use it when repotting?
    No links mate please read the rules, I’ll let it go now but like I say take note pease.
    I would stick with the light mix for the beginning then pot them up into the canna soil, it’s canna boo terra I believe mate.
    You only need to bury the seed about 3/8’deep.
    Redz

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Could the soil be too cold?
    Had a few same failures a couple of weeks ago temps at 25c but soil was cold, put a few more beans in and lowered my lights and got temps upto 32c so soil was warm and both sprouted within 24 hours but thats using hps lights and putting seeds in at quarter of an inch down then I just hand drip water now and again where the seed would be
    Last edited by Greengrass; 17-04-18 at 11:04 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-18), British green (17-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), redisiel (17-04-18)

Thanks

Innerself I dont think it can be temp, i keep everything indoors at room temp(nothing stored outside), the "nursery" temp is correct. but i have never checked the temp of the soil itself, i will do next time tho m8, just to be sure. I'll get canna soil, new seeds and start again,

redisiel my bad m8, scanner the rules, seems i missed that part.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), Greengrass (18-04-18)