Thread: Heat Build Up...

Thanks

Default Heat Build Up...

I finally got my two Northern Lights in the closet, and I have 2 Maxsisun 300 lights on them. I have the lights set at 24''. The heat is high 87 deg. humidity is 38. I just turned one light off til I can get this under control. The temp hasn't had a chance to get down yet. I put a wet hand towel across the top of the bucket to see if that will help. This is my first grow, and it sure not going very good. I don't have air condition for the closet. I forgot, I have two small fans going also.
    Can someone help get the temps down for my grow?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stinky finger For This Useful Post:

ELMo- (18-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,118 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stinky finger View Post
    I finally got my two Northern Lights in the closet, and I have 2 Maxsisun 300 lights on them. I have the lights set at 24''. The heat is high 87 deg. humidity is 38. I just turned one light off til I can get this under control. The temp hasn't had a chance to get down yet. I put a wet hand towel across the top of the bucket to see if that will help. This is my first grow, and it sure not going very good. I don't have air condition for the closet. I forgot, I have two small fans going also.
    Can someone help get the temps down for my grow?
    Do you have an extraction fan and filter? Rvk fan and rhino pro carbon filter are the way to go to suck the hot air out and the filter cleans it and produces non cannabis smelling air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If only I grew cannabis well

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ELMo- For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Get the correct size fan and filter. Growing without a filter is basically grassing yourself up. You will need the hot air extracted through the outtake fan and smell taken away by the filter. Two small fans running will just blow the trapped hot air about rather than deal with the heat issue. As well as that the smell will leak and let neighbours and visitor's know what your up to. If your struggling already in the year then trust me none of your plants will make it through a summer. Also I used to grow with just passive intake but I got an intake this time round and I wouldn't ever go back to not running one. Really is a big help having cooler fresh air sucked in.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), JB (21-04-18), MonsterEnergy (18-04-18), Valentina (18-04-18)

Thanks

Mate, either get yourself some CO2 or run the intake and outake fans. In fact, do both. If youre in the UK, we have another 4 days of heatwave. Your plants will suffer. And with summer coming up, your plants wont last a day. You could also run an AC unit but that shit is expensive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks

Default heat build up

OK I ordered a scrubber with fan, so I hope if I can keep the temps down a few days till it comes in. I'm having trouble with the humidity being low it's 33 right now 8:51 pm right now here in the states. Temp is 73, I like that ...
    I have water in contains on the closet floor, also a wet towel draped across a 5 gallon bucket. That is not working, so I put a small cooler full of ice in the closet too, but that's not working either ... Can someone tell what to do? The plants are about 3.5 '' tall.
    Help me please. I also cut the power back on the lights to 75%, I don't know what else to do.
    Last edited by stinky finger; 20-04-18 at 03:05 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stinky finger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,118 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stinky finger View Post
    OK I ordered a scrubber with fan, so I hope if I can keep the temps down a few days till it comes in. I'm having trouble with the humidity being low it's 33 right now 8:51 pm right now here in the states. Temp is 73, I like that ...
    I have water in contains on the closet floor, also a wet towel draped across a 5 gallon bucket. That is not working, so I put a small cooler full of ice in the closet too, but that's not working either ... Can someone tell what to do? The plants are about 3.5 '' tall.
    Help me please. I also cut the power back on the lights to 75%, I don't know what else to do.
    Cut a bottle in half..preferably like 1lt or so and Moisten the inside and stick over plant to use as a humidity some. Use the top half of bottle with top on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ELMo- For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-18)

Thanks

Temporary solution would be to spray the inside of your tent with water, however this effect only lasts so long depending on size of tent and how much you spray etc etc. A hung wet towel is another temp solution. Permanent one would be to invest in a humidifier. But saying that, some strains love low humidity. My purple haze germed at 29% RH and continued to grow with no problems. Red poison and Gelato required a humidome. Which basically means covering your potted seed with a ziploc bag or small cup until sprouted (Dont cover them with anything now as they are 3.5" tall). Never grown a northern lights but if they are still growing at such a low RH, I would personally not worry too much. Your temps are fine. 76 is the sweet spot though.....
    On a side note, are you growing in the final pot? If you are going to be transplanting to a bigger pot, when you water them, the RH will increase regardless so dont worry so much. Pic would also help.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-18)

Thanks

I got the plants in a 5 gal. bucket with Formula 707 medium. How much water should be giving them. I leave the closet door open just a little to help keep it cooled down. Thanks goodness the weather has cooled down into the 60's in day time.
    Hope my fan and scrubber will come in soon and I can get that hooked up. Thanks yall for your help ...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stinky finger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)