Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IR Led security camera for grow

Thanks

Default IR Led security camera for grow

So there has been a bunch of break ins around my neighborhood and went out and bought a camera by all means it is not top notch or anything expensive. I got it to keep a watch when I'm not around and to check on my plants when im not home or bored lol. So my question is say i was to use this cam at night would the IR affect my plants during the night? Or can that plants not see it. I did some research online and it's confusing with all the diff answers I'm seeing.. what are your opinions on this..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Geokom85 For This Useful Post:

AND (18-04-18), gardro (18-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I also have infra red cctv in my tent, no problems so far and im about 3 weeks into flower. As I see it, planted outside have moonlight, this (if you don't go by flat earth and all that) is a reflection of the sun which contains infra red anyway, and they have no issues.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (18-04-18), gardro (18-04-18), Geokom85 (18-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), turnkey (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

My grow lights use IR LEDs while in flower mode. Plants do see it, be careful

Diary https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=167223

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (18-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Yer the good led light have infrared, and ultra violet, we might not be able to see that wavelength, but the plants can

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (18-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), Valentina (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Grow lights have high power, high intensity led's. Camera's are low power, low intensity but yes, the plants will see it regardless.

Just be extra vigilant and check your plants regular

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,882 Times

I've done this a few times but with autos. I never had any issue.... not so sure about photo periods though...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Guest Guest

Why does the camera have to be in the tent/grow room? Just put it outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

AND (18-04-18), Geokom85 (19-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks

And even on the talk there is a lot of mixed opinions from ppl saying don't do it cuz iy will mess them up and others saying the opposite lol.. I have to admit tho AMD is right about the whole moon reflection of IR.. at the end of the day tho the camera produces IR so it can see heat signatures reflecting of
    It and led grow lights have IR too man this is so confusing. As far as I know tho plants can't see past I think 800 or 900 wavelength on the spectrum and LED IR is 850 or 950 I think so may be it can't see it at all.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geokom85 For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

The sunlight reflected from the moon is maximum 7% of sun light from the sun, as the regolith is only 7% reflective, so of course, that will stand for the infrared too.

You can give your plants light up until the brightness of a full moon, which isn't a lot, it might seem bright on a night with a full moon but that's only because our eyes adjust.

Maybe that's the difference, they do give off IR, and the plant can see it, but it's just not enough to influence the light cycle.... Stoned, blabbering in the garden in this nice weather, but yer science lol

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (18-04-18), Geokom85 (19-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    The sunlight reflected from the moon is maximum 7% of sun light from the sun, as the regolith is only 7% reflective, so of course, that will stand for the infrared too.

You can give your plants light up until the brightness of a full moon, which isn't a lot, it might seem bright on a night with a full moon but that's only because our eyes adjust.

Maybe that's the difference, they do give off IR, and the plant can see it, but it's just not enough to influence the light cycle.... Stoned, blabbering in the garden in this nice weather, but yer science lol

I actually put it in the dark to see how bright it is and it's not at all it's very faint red behind a tinted black plastic.. there is however a bright green light in front of it flashing to indicate it's connected.. green is 100% good right ? I've heard of ppl using green light to enter thier garden when the lights are off..

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Geokom85 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast