Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Really new harvest question

Thanks

Question Really new harvest question

Really new to this. Things seem to be goin ok with my budget grow. I jus don't understand something about looking for harvest. I hVe a ton of white hairs on some pea sized buds. They say I shud wait till 60% of hairs turn brown. Is this that individual hairs have turned 60% to brown, or 60% of all hairs have turned brown.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valrik For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Ignore the hairs mate, it's the trichomes you want to look at, that's the little thc crystals on the buds.

If they're clear, the thc is immature and smoking it won't get you proper high, and makes you para

Milky, the thc is at it's peak, a good stage to cut for a nice uplifting high

Amber, degrading thc, gives you more of a couch lock strong body stone, but can't let them degrade too far as they become cbn, which won't get you as high.

Get yourself a "jewellers loupe" from the flea bay, just a few quid. Take at look at those trichs, you want to think about flushin when they're 90% milky.... What medium you in?

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-04-18), Done420 (18-04-18), Greengrass (18-04-18), joker_the_smoker (18-04-18), lipnobody (30-04-18), M_C (19-04-18)

Thanks

Hi thank you for that. I'm using a basic miracle grow soil ATM. Next time in definatly goin to use something else though. Think I water too much

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valrik For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Valrik View Post
    Hi thank you for that. I'm using a basic miracle grow soil ATM. Next time in definatly goin to use something else though. Think I water too much
    Coco is always a good way to go mate. Very hard to over water, easy to fix any deficiencies, a good middle ground between hydro and soil ( it is still hydro, but feels like soil lol) Youll need a Ph meter, a few upgrades to your grow, but itll be worth it IMO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (18-04-18)

Thanks

Oh yea I undeniably need to upgrade. But this is a little hobby and have time to perfect it and hopefully one day be able to add to the knowledge of the community. I do like te idea of coco. Not confident enuf to go hydro yet lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valrik For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Oh yea I undeniably need to upgrade. But this is a little hobby and have time to perfect it and hopefully one day be able to add to the knowledge of the community. I do like te idea of coco. Not confident enuf to go hydro yet lol
    Take your time mate, what ever is best for you, there is many ways to skin this cat, im like a coco jehova lol, ill come knocking your door at 8 in the morning to tell you about our lord and savoir coco if i could lol. You know when you feel like the upgrade, your have us guys here to help you out, dont be scared to try new things

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (19-04-18), GreenFingers321 (12-05-18), Greengrass (18-04-18), Lucas3330 (22-04-18), turnkey (18-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Take your time mate, what ever is best for you, there is many ways to skin this cat, im like a coco jehova lol, ill come knocking your door at 8 in the morning to tell you about our lord and savoir coco if i could lol. You know when you feel like the upgrade, your have us guys here to help you out, dont be scared to try new things
    Thank you so very much. That's actually nice t hear. I just bashed a quick setup together. Got a bunch of cfls. But for some reason it was stunted. In veg for 8 weeks and was only 9" tall by the time if had enuf and flipped it lol. Always kept them about 4" above the plant.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Valrik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

You could have weeks to go and have brown hairs
    The only way to tell is with jewellers loupe minimum 60x and only cost a couple of £
    Even with a magnifying glass the trichs cant be seen

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Really new to this. Things seem to be goin ok with my budget grow. I jus don't understand something about looking for harvest. I hVe a ton of white hairs on some pea sized buds. They say I shud wait till 60% of hairs turn brown. Is this that individual hairs have turned 60% to brown, or 60% of all hairs have turned brown.
    If not using the jewelers loop as others suggested then wait until you think it is done and give it 2 more weeks. These photos were taken a week ago. I will harvest in a few more days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (18-04-18), M_C (19-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    If not using the jewelers loop as others suggested then wait until you think it is done and give it 2 more weeks. These photos were taken a week ago. I will harvest in a few more days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    pmsl!! An old school rule that is!! When it looks done, wait 2 weeks! theyre pukka they are!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-04-18), Greengrass (18-04-18)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast