Thread: question on which 600 watt ballast for use in USA

Thanks

Default question on which 600 watt ballast for use in USA

Retired new grower following up on my introductory post:

"I am just retired and finances force me to grow my own medicine. I am currently smoking 6 ounces a month, so my goal is to grow a continuing supply. Not sure if my math is right, but if I use autoflowers and a four month grow cycle, that means I need to grow 24 ounces without running out. If I calculate an average of 56 grams per plant yield, which seems about average for an autoflower, I would need to grow 12 plants. That puts me out of this forum. I am in need of help, as I have been self medicating for 49 years and am forced to grow my own.

I am considering white widow auto from a seed company (can we name?) which boasts 21% THC levels and over 56 grams per plant yield. Grow in coco, 3 gallon fabric pots, grow in basement. Not sure about HPS or LED, but leaning towards HPS because of its known values versus LED. I am calculating two 600 watt hps lights, giving me 100 watts per plant. Sure would like the savings of led, though."

I have scrapped the idea of a grow room, buying 4x8x80 grow tent.

Scrapped auto's in favor of 10 photo's per recommendation.

Scrapped fabric pots in favor of 120L? air pots.

2 600 watt hps lights.
    2 parabolic 42" hoods, after reading Blue's thread! Reason is heat dissipation, since I am growing in my basement, temp 62 degrees F.

Now, question is what ballast? Dimmable, digital, magnetic?, and from what company? Of course, I am worried about reliability here.

Also, with this size tent, is coverage adequate with these two hoods?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peteetah For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)

Thanks

From what I read, one 600 watt hps covers 3.5x3.5 feet. Now, I know that is just a little smaller than my 4x8 tent, so that is why I am concerned.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peteetah For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-18)