Thread: Tips Curling down and Going Yellow

Thanks

Default Tips Curling down and Going Yellow

Yet another anomaly. Today I noticed on 1 of my 3 Northern Lights plants the Tips on some of the new growth have gone a bit yellow and are curling downwards.

Any ideas how to fix? 4 weeks old in Canna Terra with no nutrients except bio silicon at 3/4 strength and Rhizotonic. 400w HPS DR90 TENT.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

see some heat stress on them, how close the light to them? as new growth looks little light bleachy, the tips be fine terra is little strong but soon be ok.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18), sarahnya (20-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    see some heat stress on them, how close the light to them? as new growth looks little light bleachy, the tips be fine terra is little strong but soon be ok.
    I'm not sure how close it was but I actually moved it up this morning. I think they caught me out growing so much, everytime I look in there they are bigger. It was also crazy hot yesterday.

I'll just continue feeding water only for now and move the light again if need be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    I'm not sure how close it was but I actually moved it up this morning. I think they caught me out growing so much, everytime I look in there they are bigger. It was also crazy hot yesterday.

I'll just continue feeding water only for now and move the light again if need be.
    well 400w is intense if it to close is will cause heat stress an bleach them making them yellow. grab pic how close an take a measurement before randomly adjusting it higher

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    well 400w is intense if it to close is will cause heat stress an bleach them making them yellow. grab pic how close an take a measurement before randomly adjusting it higher
    Okay will do. It's actually the plant that's slightly taller that has that bleached problem. I will take a pic and get measurements later

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    Okay will do. It's actually the plant that's slightly taller that has that bleached problem. I will take a pic and get measurements later

I have them 19 inches (they were closer this morning when toasted) away from light now, here are some photos of them this evening. They actually look better to me now, they aren't so curled up and the yellow has got no worse. I'm ordering a larger tent so I can space them out a bit more as their leaves are touching the sides and interfering with one another.

I think it was me not compensating for their growth rate, newbie mistake.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18), joker_the_smoker (20-04-18)

Thanks

I have some recommendations for you to deal with heat management. Circulating Fans, pick up a couple 6" oscillating fans and make sure it has the clamp attachment with it instead of the base. Amazon and ebay have a bunch for around $20. Put one level with your plants to pass air across there, and the other, place just below the light, and point it slightly upwards to help force the hot air to rise even faster thus keeping the tent a few degrees cooler and your plants. A fan blowing on your plants will also help thicken the stalk of the plant (Simulates natural wind) that's why you use an oscillator. Good luck and happy grows.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to buhradlee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks

Aye mukka they will hit bulb if ya let them. Plenty lst though keeps them away to. Back of hand test helps to if to hot afta 10secs them to hot for them. An like mentioned above a little fan blowin inbetween bulb an plant tops will help

They be good now. There's good light distance chart in novive section i thinks gives little idea.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buhradlee View Post
    I have some recommendations for you to deal with heat management. Circulating Fans, pick up a couple 6" oscillating fans and make sure it has the clamp attachment with it instead of the base. Amazon and ebay have a bunch for around $20. Put one level with your plants to pass air across there, and the other, place just below the light, and point it slightly upwards to help force the hot air to rise even faster thus keeping the tent a few degrees cooler and your plants. A fan blowing on your plants will also help thicken the stalk of the plant (Simulates natural wind) that's why you use an oscillator. Good luck and happy grows.
    Cheers I've got a clamp fan but not an oscillating one. My clamp keeps popping off which does my nut it. I'll have a look for another

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)